LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i changed the seals on the pump head and still oil is going to the motor. on one i changed the pump head and the other one i changed the seal only the oil gets in the are mounted horizontal can it be the blocks.?????

Here are the specs on the set up

Hi-low blocks
on fenner pump head
on marzocchi imitation pump head
prestolite motors with stright to nine key

i even put my china motors and got oil all over mine?????

help me out guys i am lost here

here is a link to picks on the motor
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...0546ec5b6bb1665

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
did you get the exact right seal???
if you did it should not leak at all, not if your block`s not warped or cracked.
you know you can allways get the motor seal kit from prohopper wich is great and prevents oil leakin` in the motor...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by badass 64@Sep 21 2003, 11:53 AM
if you did it should not leak at all, not if your block`s not warped or cracked.
you know you can allways get the motor seal kit from prohopper wich is great and prevents oil leakin` in the motor...
yes i got the correct one. On one i put i new pump head and it still leaks. could it be the block what should i look for. as for the seal for the motors from prohopper i cant its a prestolite motor.

Last edited by angel85lx at Sep 21 2003, 05:30 PM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by angel85lx+Sep 22 2003, 12:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angel85lx @ Sep 22 2003, 12:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Sep 21 2003, 11:53 AM
yes i got the correct one. On one i put i new pump head and it still leaks. could it be the block what should i look for. as for the seal for the motors from prohopper i cant its a prestolite motor.[/b][/quote]
just check the surface on the block where the seal goes so it`s all clean and straight, thats very important, clean everything up so it sticks real tight against the block, it really should not leak if you do that...

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
check inside the hole in the block were the coupling sits for a pin sized hole near the ports its very thin in them areas

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by angel85lx@Sep 20 2003, 08:58 PM~1086027
ok guys i changed the seals on the pump head and still oil is going to the motor. on one i changed the pump head and the other one i changed the seal only the oil gets in the are mounted horizontal can it be the blocks.?????

Here are the specs on the set up

Hi-low blocks
on fenner pump head
on marzocchi imitation pump head
prestolite motors with stright to nine key

i even put my china motors and got oil all over mine?????

help me out guys i am lost here

here is a link to picks on the motor
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...0546ec5b6bb1665
did you change the SHAFT SEAL? if u did...and u still get oil..take it back out and brake clean the shaft seal and the hole it seats into on the block..then apply silicone to the inside of the block where the seal seats and reinstall the pumphead..the silicone will ensure a tight seal..shouldnt let any fluid by

·
Registered
2 Posts
To have the oil leaked into your motor means the following 2 possiblities:

1) Your pump shaft seal is teared around the shaft allowing for the oil to leak or the shaft seal is deforemed and can't seal around the offset of the block properly.

2) Pressure port pin hole leak. I would look at the pressure port where the gear shoots the oil into the block and look at the 90 degree turn. If the machining is not done properly, the possiblity of breaching into the shaft hole wall becomes likely.

Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i had this problem back in the day and it was my blocks. my blocks had a hair line crack on them and u could not see them unless u look at them real close check them i might be wrong but alot of times when we overlock the pump thi is what happens

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Feb 26 2009, 11:35 PM~13125393
did you change the SHAFT SEAL?  if u did...and u still get oil..take it back out and brake clean the shaft seal and the hole it seats into on the block..then apply silicone to the inside of the block where the seal seats and reinstall the pumphead..the silicone will ensure a tight seal..shouldnt let any fluid by
DID YOU CHECK THE DATE OF THE THREAD :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts