LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking on the SMC site at the mufflers and shit they have for their valves and it got me thinking...

If you've got your Fill and Dump Valves directly connected (no hoses) to your Tank... will and oil mists shoot out of your Dump valves when opened?

Do you all always get an exhaust cap for them? Or just let them sit there open and free?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 22 2005, 06:28 PM~3866737
huh?
i thought the same thing, but then i remembered i JUST figured out how to wire a valve.... but the only OIL used in a bagged vehicle is either in an oasis compressor, or a york compressor (right?)...

-qs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought there was oil in the ViAir compressors?

well what about water spitting out of the Dump Valves (the water not caught by the water trap going from the compressor to the tank)?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
viars have oil less bearings.

dont know where your oil comes from there buddy...what compressor?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 22 2005, 06:26 PM~3867770
i thought there was oil in the ViAir compressors?

well what about water spitting out of the Dump Valves (the water not caught by the water trap going from the compressor to the tank)?

I believe oil lubricated the piston, but never enters the air line.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have oil coming from my air commander that's coming out of exhaust valve...

But SMC valves can take it... don't worry with that!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
understood, thanks all... i'm looking at the 380 comp. and seen the exhaust oil stopper on the SMC website and just wanted to know.

·
Registered
480 Posts
you are going to be using cylinders on mine i oil them trough the top 1/2 every 2-3 months to keep my seals lubricated im not sure if i supposed to but it has no leaks till now. and i dont know about oil since mine are outside

1 - 12 of 12 Posts