LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup,Either the steel seal went bad (didnt look it visibly, and was still tight), or the block is a blem. I wrapped a new steel seal in aout 4 wraps of teflon, and then put it in.

I need to know what to clean the motor with to make it last the longest. It still works, and worked even with oil seeping through it, but I want to make sure its in the best condition possibile as it is my last chrome motor.

Its only for my back pump on my hopper.

Help!

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
electrical contact cleaner in the spray can work awesome.... just make sure you get the type that isn't corrosive to any plastics... ;)

you can buy the stuff at a good hardware store.... just spray it in...watch the grease and dust run out onto a towel and let air dry....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dumb question, but do I need to take the armature out or can I just spray the shit out of it through the motor caps

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by locobounce@Sep 19 2005, 01:40 PM~3842831
dumb question, but do I need to take the armature out or can I just spray the shit out of it  through the motor caps
if you hard a hard time with getting armatures back in then you don't have to. It's always better to fully take it apart though...

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by locobounce@Sep 19 2005, 02:03 PM~3843035
yeah, still looking for that trick to make putting armatures back in easy
practice... stand the armature on its end and pt the stator back over it slowly... hold the brushes in with your two pointer fingers and two middle fingers... it takes practice.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by locobounce@Sep 19 2005, 05:03 PM~3843035
yeah, still looking for that trick to make putting armatures back in easy

yu can try to push the brushes back to where the spring hold them on the side .. just make sure you release them after the armature is back in ...

also removing the motor end cap helps

you dont teflon the input seal .. ..and i would also check your pressure seal ... i had a bad one it pushed the oil thru the input seal ...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the 2nd steel seal that has gone bad on the same block and yes the the smaller o ring on the block was also changed (cause I wasnt sure of its role).

I called Showtime and talked to a guy (mark I think), and he said take a new steel seal and wrap it 4 times in teflon tape, and then make sure the edges were pressed down.

Anyone else had this prob ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way,

The easiest I found was to use 2 small (eyeglass style ) flat head screwdrivers. hold 2 of the brushes back with them, and use your fingers for the other 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts