LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 86 or 87 mini blazer as a fuckaround car so I can reminise about the good old days of crenshaw blvd.!! I want to run two 18's!!! I have everything but the woofers and the amp/s to power them. now how many co's make 18's and who do you recommend? now this isn't for the clowns like quad and the other asshole ibeander! I want good suggestions. now if you want to clown then go to quadmastas and get your clown on. thanks!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
get the digital designs, i dont know if they still make the 18's, but their 15's are bad ass, the name of the site is digital designs, or if you wanna take it back old school get some cerwin vega 18 inch strokers, re makes 18's i think, and its just my opinion but i would leave all of the new fosgate shit alone, their old shit is much better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KICKER MAKES SOLBARIC 18'S! DAMN!! BUT I WOULD LOVE TOG ET SOME 18 INCH CERWINS THOUGH!! BUT I HEARD THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM. MY BOY JUST GAVE ME 4 OF THOSE BIG 1 CHANNEL NEW ORIONS!! MOTHER FUCKERS LOOK BAD!!!!! ALL I NEED NOW ARE THE WOOFERS. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT FELLAS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
ya, they dont make the strokers no more, try e bay or a pawn shop, personally tho i would give cerwin vega a call and see if they could hook you up or sumptin, prolly not but it's worth a try
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
29,665 Posts
fuck that just get a couple 23'' mtx jackhammers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JUST 18'S HOMIE!! MAN I MISS THE OG CERWIN VEGA LINE!!!!!!! WHO REMEMBERS M&M'S????? OR SOME OG G & S REDLINE 18'S!! THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GAVE ME A HEADACHE FOR 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,051 Posts
yea if your patient you'll come across some 18" cerwins. i miss my oldskool pyle drives and my hammered 5 star rims :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,987 Posts
Originally posted by BIG-SCOTTY@Aug 13 2005, 12:47 AM~3609060
JUST 18'S HOMIE!! MAN I MISS THE OG CERWIN VEGA LINE!!!!!!!  WHO REMEMBERS M&M'S?????  OR SOME OG G & S REDLINE 18'S!! THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GAVE ME A HEADACHE FOR 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Godfathers.....my boy had them limiteds with the rose on'em signed by dudes wife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
MA audio MA1800XL 18" competition subwoofer
800wRMS/1600wPEAK dual 4ohm



KICKER 03CVR18"

1,000wRMS/2000wPEAK dual 2ohm


these 2 are the only ones i found out of a 10minute search that i would consider buying if i were gunning for 18's....

unfortunatly, not too many manufacturers still make 18's because they are obsolete... just about all stop at 15"...

kicker stopped the 18" line of the CVR i think in '03 or in '04... the only kicker sub that i know of that they havent discontinued is the solo-x18 which is STRICTLY for SPL competition, dont expect sound quality out of that thing...

hopefully you only want 18's because the size on them is worth the 10minutes of starring and for the pleasure of saying "i got 18's bitch" and not becuase you think an 18" would outperform a 15"...

-qs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by nme1@Aug 13 2005, 12:15 AM~3608968
KICKER SOLOBARICS 18"
eh, sloppy, over rated paperweights that barely handle half the power they say they are rated for in a burp

you'd be better off with a bunch of sony 8" woofers....lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Aug 13 2005, 09:51 AM~3609956
eh, sloppy, over rated paperweights that barely handle half the power they say they are rated for in a burp

you'd be better off with a bunch of sony 8" woofers....lol
they hit hard though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by D-BOY@Aug 12 2005, 11:53 PM~3609077
If they still make em audiobahn has a real good 18"

that company very underated in my eyes .....
I agree! all my boys who have their product their vehicles sound great!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 13 2005, 08:59 AM~3609849
MA audio MA1800XL 18" competition subwoofer
800wRMS/1600wPEAK dual 4ohm



KICKER 03CVR18"

1,000wRMS/2000wPEAK dual 2ohm


these 2 are the only ones i found out of a 10minute search that i would consider buying if i were gunning for 18's....

unfortunatly, not too many manufacturers still make 18's because they are obsolete... just about all stop at 15"...

kicker stopped the 18" line of the CVR i think in '03 or in '04... the only kicker sub that i know of that they havent discontinued is the solo-x18 which is STRICTLY for SPL competition, dont expect sound quality out of that thing...

hopefully you only want 18's because the size on them is worth the 10minutes of starring and for the pleasure of saying "i got 18's bitch" and not becuase you think an 18" would outperform a 15"...

-qs
I want 18's just to have I some 15 inch h2's. actually I'm a 10" man myself!
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top