LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

OK FELLAS LET'S BE MEN ABOUT THIS!

3K views 61 replies 26 participants last post by  DOUBLE-V BABY 
#1 ·
I'm getting a 86 or 87 mini blazer as a fuckaround car so I can reminise about the good old days of crenshaw blvd.!! I want to run two 18's!!! I have everything but the woofers and the amp/s to power them. now how many co's make 18's and who do you recommend? now this isn't for the clowns like quad and the other asshole ibeander! I want good suggestions. now if you want to clown then go to quadmastas and get your clown on. thanks!!!!!!!

#3 ·
get the digital designs, i dont know if they still make the 18's, but their 15's are bad ass, the name of the site is digital designs, or if you wanna take it back old school get some cerwin vega 18 inch strokers, re makes 18's i think, and its just my opinion but i would leave all of the new fosgate shit alone, their old shit is much better

#5 ·
KICKER MAKES SOLBARIC 18'S! DAMN!! BUT I WOULD LOVE TOG ET SOME 18 INCH CERWINS THOUGH!! BUT I HEARD THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM. MY BOY JUST GAVE ME 4 OF THOSE BIG 1 CHANNEL NEW ORIONS!! MOTHER FUCKERS LOOK BAD!!!!! ALL I NEED NOW ARE THE WOOFERS. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT FELLAS!

#9 ·
JUST 18'S HOMIE!! MAN I MISS THE OG CERWIN VEGA LINE!!!!!!! WHO REMEMBERS M&M'S????? OR SOME OG G & S REDLINE 18'S!! THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GAVE ME A HEADACHE FOR 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
yea if your patient you'll come across some 18" cerwins. i miss my oldskool pyle drives and my hammered 5 star rims :cheesy:

#13 ·
MA audio MA1800XL 18" competition subwoofer
800wRMS/1600wPEAK dual 4ohm

KICKER 03CVR18"

1,000wRMS/2000wPEAK dual 2ohm

these 2 are the only ones i found out of a 10minute search that i would consider buying if i were gunning for 18's....

unfortunatly, not too many manufacturers still make 18's because they are obsolete... just about all stop at 15"...

kicker stopped the 18" line of the CVR i think in '03 or in '04... the only kicker sub that i know of that they havent discontinued is the solo-x18 which is STRICTLY for SPL competition, dont expect sound quality out of that thing...

hopefully you only want 18's because the size on them is worth the 10minutes of starring and for the pleasure of saying "i got 18's bitch" and not becuase you think an 18" would outperform a 15"...

-qs

#15 ·
Originally posted by draarong2004@Aug 13 2005, 12:51 PM~3609956
eh, sloppy, over rated paperweights that barely handle half the power they say they are rated for in a burp

you'd be better off with a bunch of sony 8" woofers....lol
Sup Draarong? How's your system coming along?

#19 ·
Originally posted by D-BOY@Aug 12 2005, 11:53 PM~3609077
If they still make em audiobahn has a real good 18"

that company very underated in my eyes .....
I agree! all my boys who have their product their vehicles sound great!!!!

#20 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 13 2005, 08:59 AM~3609849
MA audio MA1800XL 18" competition subwoofer
800wRMS/1600wPEAK dual 4ohm

KICKER 03CVR18"

1,000wRMS/2000wPEAK dual 2ohm

these 2 are the only ones i found out of a 10minute search that i would consider buying if i were gunning for 18's....

unfortunatly, not too many manufacturers still make 18's because they are obsolete... just about all stop at 15"...

kicker stopped the 18" line of the CVR i think in '03 or in '04... the only kicker sub that i know of that they havent discontinued is the solo-x18 which is STRICTLY for SPL competition, dont expect sound quality out of that thing...

hopefully you only want 18's because the size on them is worth the 10minutes of starring and for the pleasure of saying "i got 18's bitch" and not becuase you think an 18" would outperform a 15"...

-qs
I want 18's just to have I some 15 inch h2's. actually I'm a 10" man myself!

#26 ·
if you go with fosgate get the same one home boy listed just in better condition cause to me it looked like the cone was faded or had some shit on it, and the bad thing about ebay is you could end up with a blown pair of subs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.