LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Oldie 54 is busting out..saw it yesterday at Gilbert's shop and damnnnnnnnnnnnnn gotta admit....it's gonna turn some heads...... the paint job is like a mirror and the hydros....bad ass set up....... anyone else busting out in Frisco....... fyi..Oldie 54 was the rootbeer brown bomb truck that had the Indian murals on it..... it's been in construction for about the last 5 years......

this may be the hottest contested category this year.... Trokita Loka has been in the shop getting upgrades for about a year and the Bomb Truck of the Year is getting some touch ups too......all 3 are suppossed to be in Frisco......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,310 Posts
i cant wait to see the pics, damn 5 years, wow. I am sure that ride is gonna be hot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by carmelcandy@Aug 16 2005, 10:13 AM~3635041
i cant wait to see the pics, damn 5 years, wow. I am sure that ride is gonna be hot!
it's a totally different truck now....nothing is the same as when he last showed it.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,310 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 16 2005, 10:16 AM~3635063
it's a totally different truck now....nothing is the same as when he last showed it.......
damn, i am sure its a nice azz ride, please get pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,412 Posts
thats the homie you were telling me about a while back....i wish him the best of luck, theres going to be some tuff competition for him but im sure his dedication and effort will pay off at the end
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by carmelcandy@Aug 16 2005, 10:27 AM~3635145
damn, i am sure its a nice azz ride, please get pics!
Carmel......this truck is bad ass....very nice....... and of course...c'mon girl...me not get pics??? hehehe..that's like me turning down a free pass to a buffett...heheheh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,635 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 16 2005, 10:32 AM~3635189
Carmel......this truck is bad ass....very nice....... and of course...c'mon girl...me not get pics??? hehehe..that's like me turning down a free pass to a buffett...heheheh
hey jess sorry to interrupt...did you see the pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by LUXURY@Aug 16 2005, 10:33 AM~3635194
hey jess sorry to interrupt...did you see the pics?
the Alba pics???? yeah.....very nice......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Aug 16 2005, 11:08 AM~3635476
Oldie 54 is a bad ass truck.  Is that the owner of L&G Detail?
yup..that's Gilbert........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,310 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 16 2005, 10:32 AM~3635189
Carmel......this truck is bad ass....very nice....... and of course...c'mon girl...me not get pics??? hehehe..that's like me turning down a free pass to a buffett...heheheh
I know you will get some bomb pics, :biggrin: wish I could come but school and work got me stuck. I cant wait to see this ride, damn is it kinda of bugging me, lol. Buffet, shit thats me and you both. Good luck to all the rides and have fun everyone and be safe! I cant wait to hit Vegas I know they got some good grub down there. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Aug 16 2005, 11:56 AM~3635791
That's always been a nice trokita.  He's cool people too.
yeah man..he's a cool guy..always willing to lend a helping hand.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 16 2005, 09:04 AM~3634998
I know Oldie 54 is busting out..saw it yesterday at Gilbert's shop and damnnnnnnnnnnnnn gotta admit....it's gonna turn some heads...... the paint job is like a mirror and the hydros....bad ass set up....... anyone else busting out in Frisco....... fyi..Oldie 54 was the rootbeer brown bomb truck that had the Indian murals on it..... it's been in construction for about the last 5 years......

this may be the hottest contested category this year.... Trokita Loka has been in the shop getting upgrades for about a year and the Bomb Truck of the Year is getting some touch ups too......all 3 are suppossed to be in Frisco......
I predict Gilbert will take Bomb Truck of the Year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop@Aug 16 2005, 09:31 AM~3635184
Thats a classic Bay Area lolo.  I remember seeing that truck back in the late 80s and early 90s at shows all the time.  Has the three back windows and the spare tire on the side

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:
Only 1 back window on Gilbert's truck, but is is still going to be Champ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Aug 16 2005, 04:43 PM~3637718
I predict Gilbert will take Bomb Truck of the Year.
I think it's gonna be really tight....I wish the best for my buddy..... but you never know...looks like it might be down to the final points.....but we'll see this weekend... who wins and what is done for Vegas after the SF show
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by El Toro 2@Aug 16 2005, 03:46 PM~3637735
I think it's gonna be really tight....I wish the best for my buddy..... but you never know...looks like it might be down to the final points.....but we'll see this weekend... who wins and what is done for Vegas after the SF show
Gilbert called me today, he is going to have it on a turn table at Vegas. He is only going to have it on jack stands at the Cow Palace. His truck does look like a totally different truck. With that new paint job and all the modifications, it has to beat Trokita Loca and the current Bomb Truck Champ. I like the motor compartment the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Aug 16 2005, 04:50 PM~3637759
Gilbert called me today, he is going to have it on a turn table at Vegas.  He is only going to have it on jack stands at the Cow Palace.  His truck does look like a totally different truck.  With that new paint job and all the modifications, it has to beat Trokita Loca and the current Bomb Truck Champ.  I like the motor compartment the best.
Alejandro did out do himeself with the interior..and the hydro set up....Allen really did do a marvelous job....the DeAlbas did an awsome paint job...and the Oldies up north did a fantaastic job on the frame......
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top