LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, i really need the port my trunk, i've got two 15" W3s running off a 1000W Memphis D-class amp, in seperate boxes, and the whole trunk rattles, but hardly any bass can be heard inside or outside the car (you'd think that with the trunk seperate from the car, you'd hear it a lot outside, but you really don't.

now i'm guessing it's because (and a lot of people have told me this) Cadillac trunks seal like a tank, so i've got to find a way to get the trunk to lead through into the car in some way. the two easiest ways to do this are to either remove the back panel that goes below the back window... or to cut a hole behind the back seat armrest, so the 'bass' just flows through into the car. cause at the moment it doesn't sound right.

what should i do...

i'm also planning on getting rid of my two 15" W3s and getting a 15" XXX sub very soon.
another thing... what i'm looking for is the gut-wrenching bass, that makes you feel sick. no 'passive' bass like my ****ing 15s are putting out now...
i presume that's what SPL means, right? the gut-wrenching, powerful bass that you can feel as well as hear. well that's what i want.

in that case, should i get a 15" XXX or a 15" SE?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i too have a caddy .. these are the set ups ive had

4 - 12 Pioneer IMPPs with 1 Fosgate 500x2 - they were sealed and it was the best thing i have heard no problem with bass inside or out.. [duh 4 12s]

2 concept 12s ported box tuned way the hell 2 high

2 12 RE XXX ...1 alone is more then enough for me..

id say go with the 15 but it takes alot of power to run the XXXs try looking into the RE 15 HC. i was running 3000 watts rms [okay not ALL the time] but i had it there..
ive never had a problem with bass being heard inside and out
im not sure of the HCs power handling but look into it and see if its ohm can be wired to that memphis amp

any more things just ask

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
remove any sound deadening material between the rear seat and metal chassis

i had to do this with my regal, i couldnt hear shit until i did it.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'm not sure if it is the same for every year but, you will probably have to take the back seat out and cut the metal wall behind it. To make it look better just take some trim for doors and put it over the cut part.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
my friend had this problem and what he did is cut circles in the rear deck and put speaker grilles over the holes made it 150 percent louder and sounds clean if u have speakers there jus take out the insulation or the whole thing except the metal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts