LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4:19
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one dump on the rear pump not working, where do i start,
i took the cartridge out, looks fine, seals look in tact,
could it be the check valve stuck closed?

:cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
one dump on the rear pump not working, where do i start,
i took the cartridge out, looks fine, seals look in tact,
could it be the check valve stuck closed?

:cool:
If its just not dumping it could still be the cartridge. Could be swollen or stuck internally. Make sure all your connections are good, you have a good ground on the dump. If that dont work, Swap one of the solenoids from another dump and see if it works. If that dont work its most likely a bad dump. If it does its a bad solenoid. A bad check valve would not stop it from dumping, it would stop the car from staying locked up.

·
4:19
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its just not dumping it could still be the cartridge. Could be swollen or stuck internally. Make sure all your connections are good, you have a good ground on the dump. If that dont work, Swap one of the solenoids from another dump and see if it works. If that dont work its most likely a bad dump. If it does its a bad solenoid. A bad check valve would not stop it from dumping, it would stop the car from staying locked up.
got it,, the old red's cartridge unscrews into two pieces, i did what you said, figured out it wasn't the solenoid, took the cartridge back out, and when i took it apart, the pin on the inside was so bent it was zig zag'd so i took a pin from a spare cartridge and put it all back together,,, works like a champ!

thanks for the info... :puffin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts