LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo im an Australian needin some peoples advice on what are some possible outcomes for this old Skool Dragster. its been sitting in a dusty shed with about 5 others incomplete machines, mostly parts . i would like to keep the original look but would like to give to 70's style for this modern age. hit me with some ideas. at the moment cash flow is a bit tight so nothing too outragous. some parts are not attached but hoping to replace them all the same:

Brakes
chain guard

front mud guard on backwards

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would like to keep the original concept of it but pimp it up a bit. do you know any clubs or show in australia or is nothing happing in australia yet

is their anystores in australia that i could get parts

i would like twist spokes do they exsist

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
um depends were u are, where u live... then i can get some shops for ya, and yea twist spokes arnt hard to get, u just gota have the money

and for shows theres not much at all, there 2 in melbourne but they have already been and gone for this year

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im in Newcastle, ive heard there is one around close but i dont know where it iz

im hoping to raplace most of the old parts but will keep them as they are still in good order, ideas, websites anything usefull dudes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey ill throw some closer pics up

at the moment i have nearly striped it down

its all original that i know about

forgot the kickstand b4

ideas should i just restore it same or convert it

throw some ideas - pictures of parts that would look kool on this 3 gear dragster

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
i found this picture a few months ago and this bike totaly reminds me of a dragster, not really stock since i think you would have to rake the front and use 26" springer and a 12" wheel. but its still cool and i thought id show you

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx homie i do have 5 more of these frames so could be a future project.
the springer looks choice

·
Registered
278 Posts
hey man, that's the exact bike that i based my ride on. the frames are longer than pretty much everything else, if u throw on some springer forks, and some tidy rims/guards chrome etc with a gloss paintjob and perhaps pinstripes, u'd end up with a sweet ride. maybe even stick with the 3spd set up for that retro-cool style.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
currently in Kerang, north/central Vic. i doubt u'd know it. often make tracks to wagga nsw, and very occasionally to canberra. you said you had a few of those frames around, interested in selling any? btw, the bike in the photo is one that got stolen, the pic in my avatar (flat green) is the one based on a MyerSpeed.
i reckon go retro-rat-pimped with the bike. high back sissy bar, seat dropped way low, tbar 3spd w/ extended shifter and 8ball or skull, springer forks, apehangers, whitewalls, and black with red and white pinstriping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts