LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let anyone that cared, see how we used to do it in the old days, here is an original Stone cast block with the relief valve (ball and spring). We used to come out that port because of one less bend. Some guys would weld that little port to the far right (this was were the pressure relieved).

Other time we would use the fitting Otto hydraulics sold. You would remove the gut of the relief. This fitting would reach all the way back to the outlet port (from the gears) inside of the block. This way, that port off to the right was completely bypassed or blocked.

(This is why I like side ports)

P

·
0 Posts
i have that same block on one of my old pumps, bloody thing cracked on me, damn fluid all over my trunk. :angry:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by PIMPOLIGY@Dec 13 2003, 01:39 AM
i have that same block on one of my old pumps, bloody thing cracked on me, damn fluid all over my trunk. :angry:
Yeah, the design was good for what it was intended for. But for hopping, they pretty much sucked.

What is cost then to machine/weld the pump and block then, you can now buy two blocks these days off the shelf, already to go.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
hey Tony , from there OTTO's made steel blocks, i have 2 oldschool hopping blocks that i had got from Jr batts , that he said that he got from leeping lonnie, some old hoppers there .

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Dec 13 2003, 09:21 AM
hey Tony , from there OTTO's made steel blocks, i have 2 oldschool hopping blocks that i had got from Jr batts , that he said that he got from leeping lonnie, some old hoppers there .
Well..., you know we're going to need a picture or two of those. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
can i get that plug at a fenner store, if so whats the part #? i have 2 fenner pumps going to the back of my car.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Montey C@Mar 7 2004, 06:05 PM
can i get that plug at a fenner store, if so whats the part #? i have 2 fenner pumps going to the back of my car.
I think you need to have it made these days, Mine is about 25 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts