LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinda rack?

anyway, if theyre not on the tank, you'll need more fittings

more fittings = more potential leak points
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
on the tank or a rack what do you mean rack i say out if the way and hidden with most performance thar you can get out of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Apparently it makes a small, but not too significant difference mounting the valves nearer the air springs (faster). If you are mounting them on a rack, but near the tank you may as well mount them on the tank. See 216RIDER's last reply for two good reasons to do it that way ;) !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 11 2003, 04:51 PM
Apparently it makes a small, but not too significant difference mounting the valves nearer the air springs (faster). If you are mounting them on a rack, but near the tank you may as well mount them on the tank. See 216RIDER's last reply for two good reasons to do it that way ;) !
yes i dont know what i was thinking. maybe i was asking what do you prefer
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
mount them as close to the bag as possible not to many extra fittings needed and as for leaks if you tighten them good and put tape on them youll have no problems also close to the bag means faster and faster is better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Nov 16 2003, 01:19 PM
mount them as close to the bag as possible not to many extra fittings needed and as for leaks if you tighten them good and put tape on them youll have no problems also close to the bag means faster and faster is better
Lol, every time I see someone post that I have to laugh. IT MAKES NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE IF YOU ARE USING 3/8" AND LARGER AIR LINES AND VALVES, YOU CONNOT EVEN SEE THE DIFFERENCE UNLESS YOU ARE FUCKING SUPERMAN. With that said, Mount them on the tank, it looks cleaner and is easier to work on if there is a problem. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
the air hits the bag quiker on initial touch of the switch IT DOES make a difference on how long you have to hold the switch to raise the car it makes a superman difference if you have a tank up front to accompany those valves up front

but yes it does make a difference if you do not beleive then don't
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,569 Posts
whatever, I have seen it done both ways on the same vehicle, and a fraction of a second is not worth putting them at the bags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Nov 16 2003, 09:51 PM
whatever, I have seen it done both ways on the same vehicle, and a fraction of a second is not worth putting them at the bags.
it's not the speed it's the reaction with the switch it isn't like juice where the fluid doesn'e compress air does so when you hit the switch for the valve on the tank you need to fill the line and the bag before it reacts and starts to lift if it is closer to the bag the air is compressed ready to tap that bag as soon as you hit the switch it just gets there quiker for that first tap i agree it is not worth worth it to put it up front for that initial tap unless you want to hop and want a extream setup but if you do want to have the valves up front a tank up front is a must with that you will see a big difference i am currently running only a petty 120-125 psi in my 52 with an even heavier frame than original a 350 block with all running rear on it and it reacts faster than a few people that i have seen on this site it practically grings the weight of the car off the ground it would probly lift the wheels off but my front end does not lock up my upper arms are fully free swinging they hit the bag so i got to make some b/stops i will try to post video of it
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 17 2003, 12:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 17 2003, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Nov 16 2003, 09:51 PM
whatever,  I have seen it done both ways on the same vehicle,  and a fraction of a second is not worth putting them at the bags.
it's not the speed it's the reaction with the switch it isn't like juice where the fluid doesn'e compress air does so when you hit the switch for the valve on the tank you need to fill the line and the bag before it reacts and starts to lift if it is closer to the bag the air is compressed ready to tap that bag as soon as you hit the switch it just gets there quiker for that first tap i agree it is not worth worth it to put it up front for that initial tap unless you want to hop and want a extream setup but if you do want to have the valves up front a tank up front is a must with that you will see a big difference i am currently running only a petty 120-125 psi in my 52 with an even heavier frame than original a 350 block with all running rear on it and it reacts faster than a few people that i have seen on this site it practically grings the weight of the car off the ground it would probly lift the wheels off but my front end does not lock up my upper arms are fully free swinging they hit the bag so i got to make some b/stops i will try to post video of it[/b][/quote]
that was one long ass sentence there joe.. :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 17 2003, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 17 2003, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 12:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz
@Nov 16 2003, 09:51 PM
whatever,  I have seen it done both ways on the same vehicle,  and a fraction of a second is not worth putting them at the bags.

it's not the speed it's the reaction with the switch it isn't like juice where the fluid doesn'e compress air does so when you hit the switch for the valve on the tank you need to fill the line and the bag before it reacts and starts to lift if it is closer to the bag the air is compressed ready to tap that bag as soon as you hit the switch it just gets there quiker for that first tap i agree it is not worth worth it to put it up front for that initial tap unless you want to hop and want a extream setup but if you do want to have the valves up front a tank up front is a must with that you will see a big difference i am currently running only a petty 120-125 psi in my 52 with an even heavier frame than original a 350 block with all running rear on it and it reacts faster than a few people that i have seen on this site it practically grings the weight of the car off the ground it would probly lift the wheels off but my front end does not lock up my upper arms are fully free swinging they hit the bag so i got to make some b/stops i will try to post video of it
that was one long ass sentence there joe.. :0[/b][/quote]
yeah fuck english class i was a shop head and math geek



Last edited by joebomber52 at Nov 17 2003, 04:54 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Nov 16 2003, 11:10 PM
. . . . . . would probly lift the wheels off but my front end does not lock up my upper arms are fully free swinging they hit the bag so i got to make some b/stops i will try to post video of it
That would be great to see.

Your car is :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 17 2003, 08:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 17 2003, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 12:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz
@Nov 16 2003, 09:51 PM
whatever,  I have seen it done both ways on the same vehicle,  and a fraction of a second is not worth putting them at the bags.

it's not the speed, it's the reaction with the switch. it isn't like juice, the fluid doesn't compress like air does. So when you hit the switch for the valve on the tank, you need to fill the line and the bag before it reacts and starts to lift. If it is closer to the bag the air is compressed already. To tap that bag as soon as you hit the switch it just gets there quicker. For that first tap, i agree it is not worth putting it up front for that initial tap, unless you want to hop or want a extream setup. If you do want to have the valves up front, a tank up front is a must. With that, you will see a big difference. I am currently running only a petty 120-125 psi in my 52 with an even heavier frame than original, a 350 block, with all running rear on it, and it reacts faster than a few people that i have seen on this site it practically brings the weight of the car off the ground it would probably lift the wheels off, but my front end does not lock up. My upper arms are fully free swinging they hit the bag, so i got to make some b/stops. I will try to post a video of it.

that was one long ass sentence there joe.. :0
yeah fuck english class i was a shop head and math geek[/b][/quote]
i hated math ;)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top