LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put a 12 between my bucket seats in my truck i plan on building a sealed fiberglass enclosure to house it

i also don't wanna pay too much (under $300) what should i get? any suggestions are appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Jul 29 2005, 09:36 PM
WoW  :cheesy:
[snapback]3507081[/snapback]​
LMAO... thats exactly what i said after reading that...

LOL at alpine type R's...

anyhow, i have a single cab truck as well, so i know its a bitch tryna find sumthin that can not only fit, but fit comfortably (and sound good too)

im pushing a single compVR 12" in a 1.25sealed and it beats harder then i expected... it gets loud, sq wise, it gets about a 7 on a scale from one to 10 with subs in its price range... i dont think you would be unhappy with it... i sit back and watch my rear window vibrate (side windows are always rolled down) and watch the doors flex in and out...

if you dont like kicker, i would suggest maybe

infinity kappa perfect or infinity 1230

-qs

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Jul 29 2005, 08:55 PM
Like WOW...  ;)

[attachmentid=227982]

* wonders how many people will recognize this *
[snapback]3507367[/snapback]​
http://www.y2khai.com

his wife, your wife yo I'm knockin them up
when I'm on the dance floor the girlies like to stare
then I bust a Roger Rabbit with my hands in the air

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Jul 30 2005, 01:34 PM
LMAO... thats exactly what i said after reading that...

LOL at alpine type R's...
anyhow, i have a single cab truck as well, so i know its a bitch tryna find sumthin that can not only fit, but fit comfortably (and sound good too)

im pushing a single compVR 12" in a 1.25sealed and it beats harder then i expected... it gets loud, sq wise, it gets about a 7 on a scale from one to 10 with subs in its price range... i dont think you would be unhappy with it... i sit back and watch my rear window vibrate (side windows are always rolled down) and watch the doors flex in and out...

if you dont like kicker, i would suggest maybe

infinity kappa perfect or infinity 1230

-qs
[snapback]3510897[/snapback]​
what amp do you have for your kicker? i've heard good thiings about them but is there anything better?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
well for your budget, i dont know, it depends on what sound your looking for...

i mean you can look into a couple brands, just stay away from audiobahns and sonys...

some of the MTX's are decent, the RF p2's are decent... i suggest you get educated before you buy though... i went with the kicker because i was limited to airspace, box design and mounting depth, and i felt it was the best bang for the buck ($98 shipped), and for one 12" with 400watts, it gets the damn job done...

and the amp that im using is a poweracoustik gothic series 820watt amp

180 x 2 @ 4ohms
230 x 2 @ 2ohms
460 x 1 @ 4ohms bridged

the 05cvr12"
800watts peak power handling
400watts RMS power handling

being that some companies overrate their products (poweracoustik is one of them) the 820watt amp is suitable for that sub....

-qs

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think i'm gonna either go with the kicker like yours, the alpine type R or one of them Db monkeys cause the guy that makes them is in my town have you heard nething about them?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Viking800@Aug 1 2005, 08:48 PM
i think i'm gonna either go with the kicker like yours, the alpine type R or one of them Db monkeys cause the guy that makes them is in my town have you heard nething about them?
[snapback]3523733[/snapback]​

the kicker compvr will rip the alpine type R a new ass-hole...

as far as DbMonkeys, i've never heard of or worked with them so i dont have a say on them...

from the name, it sounds like its good for SPL, maybe not SQ...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
size to size, the cvr will rape the type-r whether they're both sealed or ported...

my cvr raped two alpine type-e 12's in a sealed... the type-r has about the same construction as the type- e just more power handling... if i had a car, instead of a truck... i would have (2) 05cvr15's (500watts RMS powerhandling) ported(3cuft. for each chamber) and have it feed off of a crossfire VR2000D (1000w x 1 @ 4ohms)

-qs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts