LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM BUILDING THIS CUTLASS AND ITS GOING TO BE A LAY AND PLAY CAR. WILL IT HURT TO RUN ONLY ONE 3/8 HOSE TOA Y-BLOCK UNDER THE HOOD? ITS GONNA BE A SIMPLE DAILY ONLY AT 36-48 VOLTS. IM ASKING BECAUSE I HAVE THIS EXTRA SHIT IN THE GARAGE AND TRYING TO BUILD ON A BUDGET. HAS ANYONE RAN INTO ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS SETUP? I 'AM' RUNNING SWAY BARS FRONT AND REAR.

THANKS,

RYAN

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
its fine, y block or T same thing. Youll still get sway even tho you have sway bars. Theres too much weight not too. Youll turn a corner and fluid will transfer from one cylinder to the other and youll be going down the road crooked. People have extra hoses if you need one cheap. Ill be selling a couple here pretty soon.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
The hose will hold up. I prefer 2 hoses and 2 dumps, but alot of guys run single dumps, and single hoses.

The only issue is,to me, with a single line, it would take some funky under the hood plumbing to get rid of fluid transfer, like DTS said. Running 2 hoses, you just need check valves on the return lines. I could never recommend a setup that can jounce 4" on one side, and rebound 4" on the other without much motivation. IMO, grab a 2nd hose.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
i ran 1/2 single hose to the nose then y block and 3/8 to the cylinders,,,but if thats all you got,,then it will be fine,,,i got extra 3/8 hoses layin around you can have for free,,just pay shipping

·
picture me rollin
248 Posts
I have built a few of my cars wit a y block under the hood and never had any problems wit fluid transfer like they was sayin above me all my shit rode good homie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts