LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Call it Friend-o
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy over at a forum I talk on doesn't like the price he was quoted for supplies for paint. The below is what he pasted, and that price is Canadian. Does that price sound right, or too low or too high to you guys?

i went there to get some price estimates for some paint.
i havent decided on a color, i am leaning toward the house of kolor candy apple red or the brandywine red.

the guy there said they just sold the paint for a civic to paint red, and the total cost of supplies came out to about 1100$
and so i hit the house of kolor website, and a gallon of the paint is like 40$

?
and yes, i know you need the house of kolor primer, or basecoat, sealer, reducer, clear coat and all that jazz, but how can you possibly charge that much. im just going to order my paint from a dealer in the states.
http://www.winnipegheights.com/forums/show...&threadid=25372

·
Registered
89 Posts
H.O.K. here in the states averages about $40-$50 dollarsa quart. If you are going to spray a true Kandy your going to spray about 2-quarts sealer, 3-5 quarts basecoat, 4-8 quarts Kandy, 1-2 gallons clear. Wetsand 1-2 more gallons of clear. So depending on coverage and the depth you want in your paintjob, $1100 is not that bad of a price if it's all H.O.K. products. You could cut costs a lot if you use another brand sealer,base,and clear. I know H.O.K. says it won't work but as long as it's good quality urethane products it doesn't matter.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
im not sure about the currency exchange, but both the prices you listed are major hook ups! you sure you weren't talking about a quart?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*it averages out to about $630 or so .... I think it is 37% rate ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts