LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about getting a CCE street edition 2 pump kit for my alero...what does everybody think about CCE pumps? i'm new to the hydraulics world, so any input is appreciated. i'm not looking to hop, just be able to lay my car out, and lift it back up...thanks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
CCE makes some decent stuff for the price. I personally like Pro Hopper though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have CCE and they are pretty good for the money. I also believe that they are under rated.

However, for the money and quality, ProHopper has a 2 pump Chrome Kit on sale FOR THIS MONTH SO ACT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by lil deville@Dec 28 2003, 07:27 PM
CCE makes some decent stuff for the price. I personally like Pro Hopper though.
:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats wrong with their cylinders? anybody else had problems with cce cylinders? if not cce cylinders, what cylinders does everybody reccommend?
thanks

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I have prohopper cylinders. The problem with the CCE ones is that they bend and flex too easy. The smaller ones I never had a problem its just the strokes for the rear.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have had a lot of problems with thier dump bodys cant get them to stop leaking on a brand new kit. You call them they tell you it was something you did. Other people really like them its experience with certain products. I personally like PROHOPPER

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
the cyclinder problem happens to some people. I've been running my 16's from cce for 2 years now and they haven't bent yet. it all comes down to the install pretty much.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
they also have a new type of cylinders called the super stroker that a bigger and harder shaft then the normal ones

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have 16's in the back and 8's in the front from CCE. They have worked well for me.

Although when you order a piston from CCE, make sure that you asked for the ones that are a whole and not the ones that when you put a fitting on you can swivel the openning from inside.

In other words, the ones that are completely welded from the top. ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I never had a problem out of anything with CCE but their cylinders and their workmanship on the install. the install is a totally different story, but i bent 3 CCE reverse flows in 3 months. that's a cylinder per month on a car that wasn't abused. i assume that on an alero you'll be setting it up for reverse flows, so i'd suggest you to prohopper, because a guy i know with a grand am did the cce to prohopper switch and hasn't had troubles since, that i know of. he also bent a cylinder.
I've heard that the machining on CCE blocks gets the job done, but is not stellar, especially when compared with other companies. I'm not sure on that one, as I've never seen a CCE block next to another company's block, so don't take my word on that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
well reverse flows are shitty regardless u should run regular cylinders upside down instead.. i have all cce products love there shipping and service, never had ne problems shit breaks regaurdelss of who u buy it from, its not like cce is making the shit ina dark black warehouse. everyone gets the raw products from the same place... i like cce i like prohopper never dealed with neone else

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was planning on running 6s and 8s, so do u guys think those would be ok from CCE since they're smaller, or should i go with a different brand? also, what is a reverse flow cylinder and whats the difference between a reverseflow and a regular cylinder?
one last question for now, why would i be mounting the cylinders upside down?
thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
a reverse flow has a hole bored down the center of the piston rod for fluid to flow...instead of a port drilled/tapped in the side of the housing at the bottom of the cyl.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so, do u guys think i should go with the prohopper 2003 chrome kit special for $795 + shipping? also, does anybody know how long its going to be for that price? i thought i heard only 'til jan. 1, but i'm not sure.
thanks.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
COMP KIT ARE WAY BETTER THAN STREET, any company will tell you that, or anyone will tell u that

as for CCE , pumps are great, cylinders suck, my next kit will be PROHOPPER ;)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
either kit will be fine.

where you from in cincy?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts