LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my 63 Impala for strictly street cruising, I have other cars for performing with the switches, and I refuse to go air with my Impala, so heres what I plan to do: 2 pumps, 3 batteries, PROBABLY four dumps, but I MIGHT do just 2 (f/b is good enough). I would run four batteries 48v, but I don't want the setup to be quick, and I don't want 6 batteries 36v, I just want 3 at 36v. And I want a streetcharger so I never really have to charge them. Anyone have any experience with something like this that might help steer me? With that somewhat constant charge coming to the batteries, might regular batteries be better than deep cycles? Whats an estimated cost of 36v streetcharger/how reliable are they?

·
Registered
382 Posts
400 dollas for a street charger but from what i hear there not great go to streetcharger.com

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
From what I can tell, Streetchargers are OK, but since it does a constant charge, they're definitely better with starting batteries. The other thing is the fact that if you're not driving your car rather often, your batteries will never get a decent charge.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The car wont be driven much, and if the chargers arent really good, which it sounds like they might not be, I'll probably skip spending all that money on one.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by usojohn@Nov 11 2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the replies. The car wont be driven much, and if the chargers arent really good, which it sounds like they might not be, I'll probably skip spending all that money on one.
I agree with Bounce, if you are not gonna drive this car alot, say cruising on the weekend. Then you would be better suited just buying a charger. But if you cruise heavy on Weekends, then the Street Charger is a valuable tool. Some poeple may not like them, but I am a believer in them. They work well on Deep Cycle batteries also, but the work Especially great on Optima. I would go with a 2 pump 4 battery setup, 48 volts to the front, maybe 24, or 36 volts to the back. But you could do a 3 battery setup for 36 volts, but for an 64 Impala, depending on the engine 48 volts should be slow, and quick enough, my setup is running 48 volts, and my front and back gets up pretty quick.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 11 2003, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 11 2003, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--usojohn@Nov 11 2003, 08:30 AM
I agree with Bounce, if you are not gonna drive this car alot, say cruising on the weekend. Then you would be better suited just buying a charger. But if you cruise heavy on Weekends, then the Street Charger is a valuable tool. Some poeple may not like them, but I am a believer in them. They work well on Deep Cycle batteries also, but the work Especially great on Optima. I would go with a 2 pump 4 battery setup, 48 volts to the front, maybe 24, or 36 volts to the back. But you could do a 3 battery setup for 36 volts, but for an 64 Impala, depending on the engine 48 volts should be slow, and quick enough, my setup is running 48 volts, and my front and back gets up pretty quick.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, i'm trying to keep it slow and simple, basicly just up and down. I have a few chargers to use, but I was kinda hoping to hide the 3 bateries, so it would be easier to use a streetcharger. Its been a while since I had less than 6 batteries in a car, and it sure would be nice not to have to worry about charging them in the Impala, since the 6 batteries in my Caprice need to be charged too. I was also thinking of adding accumulators too, which would slow it down nice, but the car didn't ride too bad last time I had it out, and don't want to spend the $$$ on accumulators if I don't have too.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I would look at a 4 battery setup, you can hide that pretty simple, and with a street charger, it would always keep your batteries topped off. If you get a good charge, then the street charger will just make sure that they are always topped off.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I have a 48 volt Street Charger in my 90' Fleetwood, but it is strickly show and i do roll it rarely... On my 92' i drive alot i just use the multi battery charger... I think they are good but everybody will think different because everybody's cars and set ups will differ...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think they work good, we have installed a few including on an impala and it seems to work good. Right now we are doing a lincoln with 2 pumps, 3 batteries, and a street charger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't got to use my street charger yet.I wanted to put a 6 battery setup but my stret charger is a 48 volt so im gonna just do 4. im just debating on wat kind of batteries to use..but I might go with a optima yellow tops.

86 regal presidential black/black 2 pumps 4 dumps 8's front 10's rear

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
where the fuck do you newbs find these topics? holy shit

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Jan 1 2009, 03:38 PM~12577635
where the fuck do you newbs find these topics? holy shit

LOL...probably the one newb who uses the search engine lol

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
i can see this topic made it thru LIL's glitchy days. hahaha

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Jan 1 2009, 05:06 PM~12578100
i can see this topic made it thru LIL's glitchy days. hahaha
lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
i have one and it works awesome, but mine is more lay and play, no hopping here, but i also got a real good deal on mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts