LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering buying them and turning into low lows are they accurately portrayed and good quality i already have the AMT 70 impala and it seems ok

the kits are : 57 bel air ,63 impala and 49 merc please be honest if they suck let me know and i wont waste my money thanks

Last edited by lo lo kid at Nov 17 2003, 05:45 AM

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
57 Impala :ugh:

The AMT 58 Impala has opening doors, I used to have the original version and it was one of the better AMTs I bought back in the day.
I think the 70 Impala kit is shit. Dunno about the 63 Impala, I bought Revells 63...49 merc, got no clue, probably not one to expect great things from, because it is AMT.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 17 2003, 10:26 AM
for the 57 see if you still could get the pro shop edition. i think it was a skill 3
Yeah and I think it had some nice custom parts if I am not mistaken

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
AMT made 3 57 Bel Airs. The old one is still around, decent kit for its age, with the typical 3 n 1 options, different engine, neat custom parts for the body including a 57 Buick grille. Then they came out with a super detailed version a couple years ago, opening trunk and everything, real nice kit. Then based on the same kit, they came out with a street machine version that has a whole different chassis (with a bowtie on the gas tank), beefed up engine, etc. There's a pro shop version too that includes some doodads like photoetch parts and wiring.

70 Impala is a decent kit, fair detail. 63 Impala is pretty basic, like 1 step up from a snap kit. 49 Merc is along the lines of the 70 as far as age and detail. Comes with some custom goodies too.

Don't dog AMT, they have nice kits, Revell and Monogram have their share of bullshit too.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys there are two 57 chevs ive seen here in oz a yellow one and a brown one on the boxes (amt) the latter looks heaps better im not sure if we got a different box to u guys do they sound familar,im also looking at the 61 from hh is it good ill order it tonight if u guys think so ,heres my list if you guys think of any better ones of the same cars that are available hit me up thanks:

revell 63
61 hh
amt 57
amt merc
70 montehh
buick grand national hh
some are available from hh so ill order them tonight with a shitload of spares to boot !!!!!!!!

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
hobby heaven carrying pumps i doubt it.

the 49 merc looks kick ass built box stock with buick side trim.

you should look into building a Replica of Goldigger its a 57 chevy :biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts