LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Originally posted by Droopy@Sep 14 2006, 09:10 PM~6176059
whats the better one for powering two amps. One is a four channel  and the other for a 425Wx2 channel amp. My red top will only last for 30 minutes and its dead !  Wont even start the car.
you running it with the car off?
any battery with the car running should last more than 30 minutes. make sure your battery cables are tight, clean them and put some conductor grease on em if ya have it. if this doesnt help, i think your alternator may be smoked, any battery should last more than 30 minutes. what kind of amps are these, brand name? what i would do is,
charge your battery to a full charge, put it back in the car, make sure your cables are tight and clean.
if that doesnt help, goto advance and get your alternator checked to make sure its good.
if it is good, upgrade your big 3, and see if that helps.

if its not good, just go ahead and upgrade it, spend the extra 50 bux or so and get a bigger one, upgrade your big 3 while your at it.

if your trying to run the system with the car off, get a bunch of yellow tops. there are better batteries out there for the money of optimas, use the searh feature, this was debated not to long ago.

·
Registered
787 Posts
red top best for starting car

yellow top better for trunk

blue ?????????

yellow is a more resilent battery

and i THINK is has less resistance and charges faster than red

if you are gonna spend $150 for an Optima spend $200 on a Stinger red label 1000

i run stingers in both my trunks

i run optima under the hood in both set ups as well

IMO

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
the blue is a marine batt...aint it????? i got a red under the hood and a yellow in the trunk...i got no problems and very little volt drop...im runnin a ppi pc1400 and two jlw3v2 15'z...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by Droopy@Sep 15 2006, 06:44 AM~6178946
thanks people. good info. by the way bigdaddy .... one amp is a Kenwood 4 channel  75Wx4 and the other is a Kicker 425x2 for the 2 ten inch Kickers. Thing is I would like to purchase a second (Optima yellow) battery just for the system to put in the trunk but I have absolutly no room in there because of the hydro batteries. So thats why I need to get one really good ONE battery for the system and to start the car without problems. Oh and for those guys thinking bout buying a capacitor .... THEY ARE JUNK ! Mine just makes my battery die faster. I should of bought a second battery instead.
Thank you! We've been saying it forever.... go Kinetik!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally posted by junbug29s@Sep 15 2006, 07:08 AM~6179108
Just stop messing around and get a big dogg kinetik battery.

;)
i spoke in detail to kinetic

i think the fudge their stats a bit

but i have never owned one in all fairness

they claim their lead plates are thicker and last longer

but how do you know , are you gonna buy it and take it apart to verify that plates are thicker than anyone elses

who knows

i have been happy with optima and stinger batteries

why fight success

·
Registered
873 Posts
yellow is deep cycle, red is for starting, blue is commercial grade.

but take everyones advice and check on the stinger or kinetik.

you still have other problems though if your battery is dead after a half hour of driving around.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by Droopy@Sep 16 2006, 07:40 AM~6185697
are they (stinger / kinetik ) for starting too or just for audio ?  I can only fit one battery and thats in the hood. Forget about the trunk only for the system cuzz of the pumps , batteries , and speakers. I went to the Kinetik web site and the one recommened is the HC1400 AT $349 shit thats way too much man ... for a damn battery !  :angry:  might just get the yellow top today and get it over with.
You can get kinetiks in other places other than the manufacturer. They're very good batteries...and for the amount of CCAs they put out, they are very small. Until you get into the larger ones. I had problem with my electrical system and I put a 800 under the hood and 600 in the rear and did a BIG 3 and I was good to go. Lets see if I can find it cheaper some where.

:cool:

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
Originally posted by fourdrvet@Sep 15 2006, 06:53 AM~6178755
red top best for starting car
yellow top better for trunk
blue ?????????
yellow is a more resilent battery

and i THINK is has less resistance and charges faster than red
if you are gonna spend $150 for an Optima spend $200 on a Stinger red label 1000
i run stingers in both my trunks

i run optima under the hood in both set ups as well
IMO
:cool: those will do it

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts