LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you're replacing the battery under your hood, go with the red top, any additional batteries, go with the yellow top. If you plan on using two make sure you install a relay as well so you don't drain both batts.

Stinger also has some good equipment for your application

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Dec 29 2003, 11:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Dec 29 2003, 11:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--caddymack@Dec 29 2003, 07:40 AM
is the yellow top ok for my stystem
the yellow top optima is design for high powered system cause it's deep cycle battery plus it looks damn good.
them things last a very long time.
they also work very good with hydro setup's[/b][/quote]
actually i've heard that regular starter batteries are preferred over yellow tops for hydraulic setups because of their higher CCAs

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth+Dec 30 2003, 08:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stealth @ Dec 30 2003, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 29 2003, 11:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--caddymack
@Dec 29 2003, 07:40 AM

the yellow top optima is design for high powered system cause it's deep cycle battery plus it looks damn good.
they also work very good with hydro setup's
actually i've heard that regular starter batteries are preferred over yellow tops for hydraulic setups because of their higher CCAs[/b][/quote]
yellowtops are fabricated for hydraulics/stereo setups and the exact way they drain them, redtops are a starter battery that wont last half as long if you use them on hydraulics/stereo setups. same goes for using yellowtops as a starter batt. i know this cuz i've tryed it.
i got 14 yellowtops and 1 red top for my 64, they are the best batt i ever used...

check http://www.optimabatteries.com ;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 30 2003, 01:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 30 2003, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 08:31 PM

actually i've heard that regular starter batteries are preferred over yellow tops for hydraulic setups because of their higher CCAs
yellowtops are fabricated for hydraulics/stereo setups and the exact way they drain them, redtops are a starter battery that wont last half as long if you use them on hydraulics/stereo setups. same goes for using yellowtops as a starter batt. i know this cuz i've tryed it.
i got 14 yellowtops and 1 red top for my 64, they are the best batt i ever used...

check http://www.optimabatteries.com ;)[/b][/quote]
14 YELLOWTOPS......DAMN! ARE BATTS CHEAPER IN SWEDEN. YOU ARE LOOKING ABOUT $3000 CANADIAN FOR 14 YELLOWS.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE+Dec 30 2003, 08:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PROJECT6DEUCE @ Dec 30 2003, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 30 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 08:31 PM

check http://www.optimabatteries.com ;)
14 YELLOWTOPS......DAMN! ARE BATTS CHEAPER IN SWEDEN. YOU ARE LOOKING ABOUT $3000 CANADIAN FOR 14 YELLOWS.[/b][/quote]
no they're not but they're worth the $! ;)

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 30 2003, 08:46 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts