LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use these with hydraulics??

And before you answer, YES I do know that most people use Yellow tops, trust me, I already own a FEW of them.

I have never personally used the Blue Tops with hydraulics, but I like the color.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
there's a guy here in Austin that has 4 pumps and runs them off of the blue tops.
I've never seen him hit a switch so I don't know how his car reacts or how long they last.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you got the extra money to spend then go for it!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Hey J! My homie just got 8 of them (Blue Tops) in his 64 and they work exactly as good as the Yellow Tops. I talked alot to a Optima salesman over here and he said it's just as good on hydraulics even thou they advertise the Yellow Top as #1 on hydraulics. ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 4 2005, 11:33 AM
Hey J! My homie just got 8 of them (Blue Tops) in his 64 and they work exactly as good as the Yellow Tops. I talked alot to a Optima salesman over here and he said it's just as good on hydraulics even thou they advertise the Yellow Top as #1 on hydraulics.  ;)
[snapback]3540030[/snapback]​

Thanks Nicke.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 4 2005, 04:33 PM
Hey J! My homie just got 8 of them (Blue Tops) in his 64 and they work exactly as good as the Yellow Tops. I talked alot to a Optima salesman over here and he said it's just as good on hydraulics even thou they advertise the Yellow Top as #1 on hydraulics.  ;)
[snapback]3540030[/snapback]​
YEPP Thats right :)

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
to the motha fucking top

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Sep 29 2005, 07:46 PM~3911986
a bit off topic of the blue tops but has anybody used to optima group 31's?

x3 :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Aug 3 2005, 05:40 PM~3533435
Anyone ever use these with hydraulics??
And before you answer, YES I do know that most people use Yellow tops, trust me, I already own a FEW of them.
I have never personally used the Blue Tops with hydraulics, but I like the color.
Jason .. how are you?
i got blue tops for my impala.. liked the color as well :biggrin: ! But have not used them yet... but look is nice.. :) :biggrin: :cool:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I've seen them used with hydraulics, but as far as long-term experiences I can't say. Supposedly the blue tops don't react as well to constant charging as the yellows do, and prefer to be substantially drained and revived, so they might not be the best choice for applications using a Street Charger.

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts
so yellows and a streetcharger kit would be good?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
From Optima's website:

OPTIMA YellowTop is made to install and forget. No matter the conditions, be it dampness, heat, dirt or exposure to extremes in vibration or regular discharge, you can count on OPTIMA to deliver uninterrupted power. OPTIMA's ability to hold a higher voltage during the discharge cycle makes it possible to utilize more of the stored power in the OPTIMA compared to ordinary batteries. The YellowTop handles many discharges as well as re-charges without losing significant capacity. OPTIMA is also ideal for seasonal use because of its very low self-discharge rate. That means you can store your seasonal vehicles all winter without regular charging and still spring out of the starting block when winter is over.

The OPTIMA® BlueTop battery will keep you on the water longer. Its patented SPIRALCELL® Technology means more running time, faster recharge, and up to twice the life of traditional marine and RV batteries. In the off-season, sometimes marine batteries sit for months at a time and lose their charge. But the OPTIMA BlueTop battery has such a low rate of self-discharge, that it can go unused for up to one year without recharging, if kept at or below room temperature. And because of its low internal resistance, it recharges faster, getting you back on the water quickly.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i have never used them in hydraulics but i used to use two to power my old radio as standalones...i ran those things down a bunch of times and they always came back...i dont see why they wouldnt work in a hydraulic setup....if you just like the color and are still unsure on using them why not just paint some yellow tops??....your a picky man as it is and painting up a battery would probably give you a better look overall anyways

1 - 20 of 29 Posts