LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I wouldn't say just more reliable. Their advantages are that their sealed (no leaks), vibration proof(thats why their used in car audio a lot), you can mount them anyway you want even upside down, their gel batts. so you don't have that sloshing around and spills.
I know where I'm at and most the street rides I've seen run the regular 31 series. I've seen Optimas in some Euros. Its just not practical to buy 14 Optimas for a street ride...you'd spend $1500.00 on just batts. as compared to 14 31series for $700.00.....get it...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Here's a twist..... Why not run Optima group 31's........

They have'em now! Go to Optima's website for details........

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
i personally got to use some yellow top optima group 31's recently, by far one of the best batteries that i have used.
if u are in florida i can hook it up for around 160 each.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo@Oct 5 2003, 02:00 PM
I think the group 31's are around $195.95USD each....
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'd cost $2,800.00 just for the batts. in a 14 batt. set-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The batts. would cost more than everything else combined!!!!!

No Thanks, I'll stick w/ the old school 31's...

Last edited by dreday at Oct 5 2003, 06:51 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
They have an MCA of 1,125. But keep in mind you can get some Group-24s with 1,000 MCA also. Smaller, cheaper, and last just as long. And if you want more power, you can fit more.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 4 2003, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't say just more reliable. Their advantages are that their sealed (no leaks), vibration proof(thats why their used in car audio a lot), you can mount them anyway you want even upside down, their gel batts. so you don't have that sloshing around and spills.
I know where I'm at and most the street rides I've seen run the regular 31 series. I've seen Optimas in some Euros. Its just not practical to buy 14 Optimas for a street ride...you'd spend $1500.00 on just batts. as compared to 14 31series for $700.00.....get it...
optima's arent gel are they?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow+Oct 7 2003, 07:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HiLow @ Oct 7 2003, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Oct 4 2003, 10:47 PM
optima's arent gel are they?[/b][/quote]
YEAH THEY KINDA ARE, THEY'RE CALLED SPIRA CELLS, GO HERE FOR ALL THE INFO: HTTP://WWW.OPTIMABATTERIES.COM

·
Registered
18 Posts
actually they are not a gel cell, they are a lead acid battery that have the lead plates spiral wrapped in each cell seperated by a glass mat that holds the acid, but they are completely sealed and due to the fact that the plates are separated by the glass mat they are not affected by vibration and jarring, meaning the plates won't come loose and short against each other. optima's will also last far longer than a standard battery, the red top in my truck will still crank the engine for 20 minutes before starting to go dead (don't ask how i know - my gas gauge is broke :biggrin: ) and it is 5 years old.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts