LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been searching the net for possible options for chaining a-arms. it's obvious that chain is normally used, however has anybody tried aircraft cable? i think it would look a lot cleaner and you wouldn't have to deal with the annoying clanking, seeing as how they have nylon coated cable available. they seem to be strong enough, they have various breaking points, from 2,000 - 4,200 lbs and it goes for about $1.35 a foot. thoughts? oh yeah, and they have sizes ranging from 1/8'' to 3/16''. just a thought.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
sounds cool if it works

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
tha cable wont colapse like chains do when you dump it, it might get in tha way of sumthing. Might be safer wit chains, just my thoughts but have never tried it so cant say for sure if it will work or not :dunno:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i always thouight the main reason for chaining the arms was to not over stress the lower ball joint ;)

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
If you're holding back stress, wouldn't you be holding back possible power?
I've never had a lower ball joint go...used to be the tops until the unbreakables came along. Thats why i used to chain the frt off. Since the unbreakables came along, no chains & leave the sway bar on. That keeps the arm from swinging down & looks a helluva lot better than chains.
Thats just me though... :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts