LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how u determin if u over locked i have 8" comps in the front on 48 volts i only hit the switch once an its up but yet brand new cylinders 2 months in and i have a seal leaking already??

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
What type of cylinders?? You probably overlocked them..

Overlocking = When you raise the front/back to the cylinders full extension yet you still keep tapping the switch

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never hit the front switch more then once to get it up unless i dump it to get alil hop outta her
they are chrome ones dont whanna name names but there NOT cce lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are black magic comps so i thot theyd hold up ohwell whats a couple orings and an hours time lol its jus a piss off cuz i bought em brand new becuz my old ones kept goin out on me but those were sum old skool reds wit the tappered tops and i didnt hop on them haha they were jus junk

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by ceebo@Aug 24 2006, 09:21 PM~6035089
they are black magic comps so i thot theyd hold up ohwell whats a couple orings and an hours time lol its jus a piss off cuz i bought em brand new becuz my old ones kept goin out on me but those were sum old skool reds wit the tappered tops and i didnt hop on them haha they were jus junk

did you clean out the tanks and flush out all the hoses ? you could have debris in the newer cylinders causing them to leak prematurely

just an idea to let you know what you might find when you rebuild them , and how to ensure they last longer next time .

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm well from rebuildin the old ones be4 they were clean of debris but yah thats something to check

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i rekon u muct have some debris floating around in there ,is it both sides or just 1 i run bm comps in my hopper n they are dry as a bone even with 2 pistons filling them to the max

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its jus the one side it aint pissing out or anything jus a slow drip the other side is bone dry single pump to the front

and ive been readin abunch about over lockin causin em to leak so i wuz jus wounderin how to avoid it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts