LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back on my 85' Monte won't lock up anymore. I raise it all the way, and it won't make that loud clicking noise that lets you know that it's locked. If I hit the switch again, it doesn't go up but I hear the motor spinning. Is it something to do with the slow down valve because I did adjust it a little bit. I'm afraid of overlocking it too much. Pleaz help. Thanx.

T

·
0 Posts
check your oil level to see if its not low enuff to lift, also is your batts fully charged?

T

·
0 Posts
well try opening ur slow down valve all the way to see if any help??

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
This kid is still learnig. Dont open the slowdown. If any thing you should close the slowdown to check if the dump is releasing oil back to the tank. Could be the start of a dump problem. Other tan that check to see if the cylinders are locking up. The frame of the car may have slightly bent which is making it sound different. If the cylinders are fully extending then there is not much that can be done. He was right however that you should dump the car all the way and make sure the pump has enough oil. But the pump will usually make a gurgling or grinding noise when that low.

·
Registered
549 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE LOW OIL..........ADD SOME OIL TO UR TANK UR CYLINDERS AINT LOCKING ALL THE WAY UP CUZ THERES NO MORE OIL TO PUSH THEM UP SO THATS Y UR MOTOR KEEPS SPINNING........OH JUST A QUESTION TO BE 100% ITS OIL..........DOES IT SOUND LIKE UR MOTOR IS GRINDING?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts