LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obviously, you wouldnt want to crack a block, but how much should fittings be tightened??

should they be done with a vise and wood blocks??

what components can handle more torque?? (fittings as opposed to blocks(dumps))

just something i was wondering... i always see fittings turned just a little more than others, and wonder how tight to tighten them so they can handle the force of tightening the other fittings, without turning (much)

thanks....

eazy :cool:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
dont know the torque but i tighten mine as much as a can. except the fittings on the hoses cuz those are kind of soft i had one tear like paper on me...

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
umm watch out if u have aluminum blocks..if u get carried away u can stretch the metal and it will leak for ever..its a feel thing no one can say ok its 1.5 turns past hand tight...but it would be in the realm..maybe 2??? i dont know its hard too say

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
just do them firm, they dont need to be air tight, just oil tight, although every time i do a fitting up i wanna crank it down hard to make sure, its hard not to. ;)

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
It should be tightened firm..with a squirt of Loxseal to prevent leaking. Never had problems. There probably are other brands that work just right too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts