LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am am going to get a paint job for my Monte and I also want to get a half vinyl top, should I do the paint first then lay the half top or vice versa? I'm wonderin if I get the top now and get the paint later will the shop remove the top or will they just tape if off? Isn't it kinda wasting paint if I'm just gonna cover it anyway? :dunno:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by JStunn@Sep 13 2005, 02:15 PM~3807002
If I am am going to get a paint job for my Monte and I also want to get a half vinyl top, should I do the paint first then lay the half top or vice versa?  I'm wonderin if I get the top now and get the paint later will the shop remove the top or will they just tape if off?  Isn't it kinda wasting paint if I'm just gonna cover it anyway? :dunno:
most shops will just tape it up,i say take off your top before you get it painted so you could paint under it and find cancer on it(most likely)and have it repaired :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
have it painted before putting the top on, but tell them your putting the top on and you don't need the cut, buff and polish on the roof, just let them do the 'c' pillars, that way you know its all good underneath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.