LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably been asked before, but what gun do you guys use to spray base coats and candies? I shot my first candy paint job this weekend and discovered the candy coats don't cover really easy. Then again, the gun I used was not to my liking. I'm thinking of just sepnding the money on my own gun, but want to see what everyone recommends.

How about a good overall gun for clear and base? It seems like for clear you can get away with a lower quality gun. For base coats you'll get striping with lower quality guns, it seems like they don't atomize as well and the fan width sucks on them.

·
49,409 Posts
I use 2 guns....one for primers/sealerss & the other for bases, clears, and flakes....both Gravity fed

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN@Jul 27 2005, 10:30 AM
What brand and model for the base, clear and flake gun?  :dunno:
[snapback]3489753[/snapback]​
I just bought a sata-jet rp in spring for clears and candies,best gun ever,lays down clear like glass!
I have a couple devillbiss for spraying base coat,not sure on the model right now though,ones a finishline.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
so far im likin the iwata line up

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN@Jul 27 2005, 09:22 AM
It's probably been asked before, but what gun do you guys use to spray base coats and candies? I shot my first candy paint job this weekend and discovered the candy coats don't cover really easy. Then again, the gun I used was not to my liking. I'm thinking of just sepnding the money on my own gun, but want to see what everyone recommends.

How about a good overall gun for clear and base? It seems like for clear you can get away with a lower quality gun. For base coats you'll get striping with lower quality guns, it seems like they don't atomize as well and the fan width sucks on them.
[snapback]3489187[/snapback]​
how would you really know....if it was your first????????????/

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by show-bound@Jul 31 2005, 03:54 AM
how would you really know....if it was your first????????????/
[snapback]3513725[/snapback]​
How do I know what? That candy coats don't cover easily (I know candy is supposed to be like that) or that I didn't like the gun? :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Asking everyone in this forum to tell you their favorite guns are like asking parents to choose their favorite child...

No matter who you ask your going to get a different answer.. Each gun has its ups and downs... However it is the skill of the person shooting the paint that really matters .. I have seen HIGH Quality jobs sprayed with cheap guns... and I have seen BAD jobs sprayed with high end guns... It really depends on who shoots the paint.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
what about a finex by sharp??? I orderd one a while ago,A homie bought one and tried it,but he didn't lke the way the paint came out,then later he figured it out why or could be the cause why the paint came out weird and he says due to cheap sealer,is it true or not sepa :biggrin:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Aug 8 2005, 07:07 PM~3564361-->
sata 2000 base,  Sata RP clear!  :cool:
[/b]
that's what i got. :thumbsup: both are digital 2's.
<!--QuoteBegin-VICS'79
@Aug 8 2005, 04:26 PM~3563302
what about a finex by sharp??? I orderd one a while ago,A homie bought one and tried it,but he didn't lke the way the paint came out,then later he figured it out why or could be the cause why the paint came out weird and he says due to cheap sealer,is it true or not sepa :biggrin:
i got 2 sharpe finex guns that i use for primer and sealer. 1.5 and a 1.8 tip. both spray really good. lays the primer very flat. is your friend using the right size tip for the type of primer he's using? if he tries to shoot thick primer out of a small tip it will come out like shit.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i'd recommend the iwata lph 400 and an Accuspray model 36, Sata's ares good but need to much air pressure to work like these two. Also with the right tip you can't beat the Accuspray for flakes of any size.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Originally posted by CadyRidah@Aug 10 2005, 02:23 AM~3578003
that's what i got. :thumbsup: both are digital 2's.

i got 2 sharpe finex guns that i use for primer and sealer. 1.5 and a 1.8 tip. both spray really good. lays the primer very flat. is your friend using the right size tip for the type of primer he's using? if he tries to shoot thick primer out of a small tip it will come out like shit.
I THINK HE WAS USING IT FOR BASE AND CLEAR HE USES TWO GUNS WHEN SPRAYING ONE FOR SEALER AND OTHER FOR BASE AND CLEAR,BUT I HEAR SEALER HAS TO DO WITH THE PAINT NOT COMING OUT RIGHT AND ORANGE PEEL,DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE OR NOT,AS FAR AS TIP I GIUESS HE USED WHATEVER CAME WITH THE GUN,DONT KNOW.I JUST WANNA KNOW IF IT SPRAYS GOOD FOR BASE AND CLEAR?

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
I GOT ME A FINEX SPRAY GUN BY SHARPE, COUSIN BROWN UNVIRGINIZED IT WHEN HE PAINTED HIS JEFES LIL CAMERY,IT LOOKED LIKE IT SPRAYED PRETTY GOOD,AND ASKED HIM HOW WAS IT SPRAYING AND SAID IT SPRAY PRETTY FIRME,AND FOR THE PRICE I GOT IT FOR SHIT I GOT MY DOLLARS WORTH :cool: NEXT ONE IS A SATA ;)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
I currently use the devilbiss gti.. i love it

I also have used the finex guns, and though it worked well for what I was shooting, it's nothing compared to my gti

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use a devilbiss gti, but most of my friends use a SATA 2000. They all spray a little different. Try spraying with a couple of them then decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Myself use an Astro 2.0 tip for primer, Sata jet 95 1.3 tip for basecoats, and a Sata Rp 1.4 tip for all my clears and single stages. I had a Sata Rp plasma digital but traded it for the 2 sata's i have now. To me..any paint gun will do the job as long as its not all clogged up. i used to go to parts store and buy a $50 gun kit and used it 4-5 times and pitch it. Turned out perfect jobs. If you take all the right steps...any gun will work....but like everything else...somes brands are better than others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts