LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im no painter but i plan to spray my car for the time being. i cant afford a paint job right now, so while im still building i want to drive it! i want to paint it a primer or flat navy blue. and the top silver flaked out. can you give me some pointers?. im not looking for it to come out great just better that what it is now! so should i sand the car??? or can i just paint the flat color over the existing paint? wet sanding process???? what should i do, again its just to pass the next summer coming up! and once im fully fully done ont h e build i will send the car off to a professional painter, but for now i want thsi done and the cheapest way possible is doing it myself. so anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it! thanks

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what psi should i use etc. how many coats of this flat paint should i do?? do i need to wet sand in between coats???

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by daoriginator64@Nov 20 2007, 08:36 PM~9269489
im no painter but i plan to spray my car for the time being. i cant afford a paint job right now, so while im still building i want to drive it!  i want to paint it a primer or flat navy blue.  and the top silver flaked out. can you give me some pointers?. im not looking for it to come out great just better that what it is now! so should i sand the car??? or can i just paint the flat color over the existing paint? wet sanding process????  what should i do, again its just to pass the next summer coming up!  and once im fully fully done ont h e build i will send the car off to a professional painter, but for now i want thsi done and the cheapest way possible is doing it myself. so anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it! thanks
just wait and drive like it is....only for a yr...why make an expense...save what you got and throw it on top of what your going to do....

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats true! i just hate to roll up at a show as if my car were done,, you know dents here and there,, body work needing. i figured by going primer then it will look rat roddish! but i do understand what your saying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts