LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 64 rc from radio shack and i got it for $25 from a friend cause the shell was fucked up he said he was going to paint it but he fucked it up and just wanted to get rid of it so he did 25 for the battery charher and a 64 with gold bumpers and 3 switches back and 3 wheel lft right what can i strip the paint with right now its real cakey is there still hope also where can i get stuff form autozone walmart united family dollar :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Easy Off oven cleaner will take of the new paint very easy but it won't take off the original Shack paint, for that you are going to have to sand. So I would use Easy Off first then sand the whole car by hand.

Attachments

·
Shortbus Pimp
3,320 Posts
um.. CSC (Castrol super clean) is a cleaner not brake fluid.. BUt it works great. Be sure if you use it wear gloves as it will fubar your hands big time. It dries them out almost to the point of making them bleed from them cracking.. You can pick up a gallon anywhere. Walmart, Kmart autozone and ect. Buy a big plastic tube and your set to go.. Fill the tube drop in the car. Let it soak a day or two and scrub it clean with a toothbrush and some water.. Later Rick S

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by phatras@Oct 6 2003, 12:12 AM
um.. CSC (Castrol super clean) is a cleaner not brake fluid.. BUt it works great. Be sure if you use it wear gloves as it will fubar your hands big time. It dries them out almost to the point of making them bleed from them cracking.. You can pick up a gallon anywhere. Walmart, Kmart autozone and ect. Buy a big plastic tube and your set to go.. Fill the tube drop in the car. Let it soak a day or two and scrub it clean with a toothbrush and some water.. Later Rick S
anybody know what it cleans im having problems finding some :( :(

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think that they make 2 versions of it. One is a degreaser and the other is a tire cleaner. Get the degreaser, it is in the car care section of most stores... I usually see it next to the tire cleaner, so be sure to check the label.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Armando Ranflitas@Oct 6 2003, 02:19 PM
I think that they make 2 versions of it. One is a degreaser and the other is a tire cleaner. Get the degreaser, it is in the car care section of most stores... I usually see it next to the tire cleaner, so be sure to check the label.
Castrol Super Clean can be found at AutoZOne , Kragen, or most any other Auto Supply store
I use Autozones store brand and it works great, $3.99 per gallon
THe other stuff Armando mentioned is white wall tire cleaner called Bleachwhite, I forget at the moment ho makes that one

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Castrol also makes another Super Clean product for cleaning whitewalls...If you are not careful, you can pick that one up instead of the degreaser.

This is the degreaser that people use to strip paint off of their models...

This is the tire cleaner...Don't buy this one.

Last edited by Armando Ranflitas at Oct 6 2003, 02:59 PM

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Oct 6 2003, 02:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Oct 6 2003, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dag65@Oct 6 2003, 04:38 PM
THe other stuff Armando mentioned is white wall tire cleaner called Bleachwhite, I forget at the moment ho makes that one
You talking about Wesley's BleachWhite??[/b][/quote]
Thats what I was talking about, but Armando posted what he was talking about. Armando is right the Castrol Wheel cleaner will eat plastic

Last edited by dag65 at Oct 6 2003, 04:10 PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts