LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna spray my model a candy green with a silver base. the candy is the one from a spray can. what kind of clear coat do i use because i have used a clear in a can made by testors that they sell at the hobby store but it sucks. i have also used the one that you spray on wit an air brush and tat one is ok, but i want my model to shine. what clear coat do i use and where can i get it?

·
Registered
21,387 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by chato83@Jul 30 2003, 03:01 PM
where did u get ur paint from and who makes it :cheesy:
havent got the paint yet but im prolly gonna get a candy the ones in the spray can

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jul 30 2003, 03:06 PM
if you want a good shine you need more than just clear coat.
If your paint job and prepwork is really smooth, then you need to polish it, and then lay down a good wax job

here's a link that might help you out.

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...9fc9c5dab27d8c1
i aint tryin to make it shine like a real ride, just a little bit so the paint dont look all dull after a while. but thanks for that link

·
Registered
598 Posts
best clear ive uzed iz car clear...lol the best spray clear i uzed iz from Discount Auto Parts its made for kandies it sayz Kandy Apple/MetakFlake Clear Coat it comez in a chrome can with a lil car on it... GOOD CLEAR!!!!!!...lol it cost like 3 dollars for a pretty big can...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tRiCk oR TrEaT@Jul 30 2003, 05:51 PM
best clear ive uzed iz car clear...lol the best spray clear i uzed iz from Discount Auto Parts its made for kandies it sayz Kandy Apple/MetakFlake Clear Coat it comez in a chrome can with a lil car on it... GOOD CLEAR!!!!!!...lol it cost like 3 dollars for a pretty big can...
can you get it at most auto parts store??????

·
Registered
598 Posts
Originally posted by abe0027+Jul 30 2003, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abe0027 @ Jul 30 2003, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tRiCk oR TrEaT@Jul 30 2003, 05:51 PM
can you get it at most auto parts store??????[/b][/quote]
yea i've boughten it at Discount AutoParts,Pepboys, and AutoZone and ive seen it at other autoparts like AcDelco auto part stores so u should be able to come across a can... but i think they made new cans cuz i noe they made new canz for the kandies now the cans are like a black n wine color fading i think with a picture of a car but it still sayz "Kandy Apple/MetalFlake"

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
but if you read the spray can you should see whether or not you can use the clear over specific paints...cuz thats what theprob is. u cant use certain paints over other ones....right now i cant think of the different ones but i know what your talkin about.

at work i sprayed some headlight buckets flat black, but because of the original paint beneath, the stuff i sprayed immediatly cracked. so i had to go over it with a different type of flat black paint.

·
Registered
598 Posts
im not tryna sound like an ass or nothing... but maybe that stuff that made the paint crack was grease?... i dunno cuz once me like an idiot i forgot.... but like along time ago i spilled some black magic on a model car... and it dried.... and then like 8 months later i went to respray the model another color... and the paint cracked cuz of it...lol..... oh and uhm the clear that im talkin bout should work just fine with that paint cuz itz for automotive paint...neverrrrrr messed up any of my paint....

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Originally posted by 510sixone@Jul 30 2003, 12:14 PM~932507
im gonna spray my model a candy green with a silver base. the candy is the one from a spray can. what kind of clear coat do i use because i have used a clear in a can made by testors that they sell at the hobby store but it sucks. i have also used the one that you spray on wit an air brush and tat one is ok, but i want my model to shine. what clear coat do i use and where can i get it?
Fuck that :uh: use hok out your gun :biggrin: that's how I do it :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts