LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
you ever go to subway and shit for lunch?
i know you've had to see these before but....... those big ass plastic coca cola cups that are shaped funny and usually come in see thru colors. well........ flip one upside down and your body will fit over it very nicely ;)

simple, easy, cheap, and works VERY well! :puffin:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 12 2003, 10:52 PM
you ever go to subway and shit for lunch?
i know you've had to see these before but....... those big ass plastic coca cola cups that are shaped funny and usually come in see thru colors. well........ flip one upside down and your body will fit over it very nicely ;)

simple, easy, cheap, and works VERY well! :puffin:
even for a diecast ?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've used plastic cups filled with rocks for weight and glued the tops on so the rocks wouldn't come out, or got a 2x4 and drilled holes and used wire coat hangers, would bend the hangers in different was to hold different cars...

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine's a convertible so I can't put anything under the roof so I guess ill have to make 4 poles out of something and stick em on a board

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yep, better to paint separate... I line everything up on some newspaper, to shoot same amount of coats evenly..... you risk of chipping your paint or parts sticking if you leave them on the model in a closed position....

I think i'm now gettin my girlfiriend hooked on building Models she painted my motor and suspension on my 49 merc....

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
what about for the bikes, i saw a really nice orange bike someone did and had a good idea on a bike hlder for doin paint, but cant remember who it was

·
Registered
731 Posts
Need to go and check and my dad's house but He had took a lazy susan tray that my mom was throwing out it a round try with a bearing on it so it turns, he nailed a piece of 2x4 to it, we put 4 staighten coat hanger pieces on hold the model then you can spin it around to paint the whole car without touchin it to move it or turn it.... Need to go look for it....

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
For cars with tops I use a bike peg with double sided tape on it so your car wont fall off and the peg is heavy so it won't tip over if the wind blows or something (not that you should be painting a car outside in the wind anywayz), but for verts I glue a plastic crossmember going from one side to the other inside the where the interior should be and hange the car by that from the monkeybars in my back yard and go for it.. and then after it's all done I cut the crossmember out, sand it smoother, and pretend it was never there! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts