LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum, so if this is some sort of violation, I am sorry. I have a paint tech help forum (it has other sections for tech help as well). It is located at www.airbrushonline.net I also have a page on my main site for do-it-yourselfers just starting out. That page is here www.ripper1.com/tech/paint.php It has basic information about painting your first project. People with experience may find it boring, but you never know. I learn something new every day (or at least I try).

I have over 35 years of paint and bodywork experience and will gladly share any knowledge I have gained over that time, plus I always like to learn new stuff myself. If I can be of any help to anyone here, let me know. I will surely ask some questions myself when I see something that interests me.

Ripper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, some forum owners get upset when you start off with a link in your first post. I am not trying to sell anything with my links. In fact, I am giving away free knowledge in both of them. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to post some pictures soon. I have several projects going at the same time.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
yep were all about helping each other out as much as possible around here! as long as you aint selling or getting people to try and buy anything i dont see why there should be any problems

welcome to the site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a project 69 impala 2dr ht I want to start sanding it down any pointers on where to begin and what tools would work. I have a compressor and an electric sander.
Your best bet is a DA sander with 40 grit to remove all the paint. You will also need at least a 2 HP compressor (the bigger, the better) that can put out 90 CFM or better. If you don't have one, buy the biggest one you can afford. Your electric sander, what type is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts