LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN 81 CHEVY TRUCK W/ THE OLD CRACKED UP WEATHER BEATEN DASH I SCUFFED IT UP PUT FIBERGLASS ON IT AND COVERED IT WITH BONDO MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GET THE REAL SHINY LOOK LIKE THEM BOYS DO WITH SPEAKER BOXES ?

ANY GOOD IDEA WOULD BE APPRECIATED ALL BULLSHIT WILL BE CONSIDERED BULLSHIT !! :machinegun:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
well, if you want the nice smooth look you have a good start. the only thing is if your dash is going to flex and/or be touched alot you might want to finish it in "fiber-flex" they sell it on-line for like 50.00 a jug. but if your dash is just stationary, then your good.

first make sure you have all the dents and cracks completly covered.
second wet sand with 300 grit.
third wet sand with 600, then 1000, then 2000.

make sure any imperfections are completly covered, if not fill in with bondo and repeat.

primer, then 2-5 coats of paint. then wet sand with 2000 grit, then clear.
trust me it's well worth it, but it's a shit load of WET SANDING. HERE ARE PICS OF MINE AFTER I FINISHED IT. ;)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by 306caddy@Jan 15 2004, 03:51 PM
what a waste of a dash. the letters suck, especially the last N in clown'N
Payasomm thanks for the props.

and 306 caddy, i have more time and cash in my damn dash than you do in your whole fuckin car! wait do you even have a car newb?

anyways my dash was flexi-coated, thin layer of fiber glass, then flexi-coated again, then sanded for 2 days before i even thought about putting primer on it. after the primer came more sanding, then primer again, then paint, then more paint, then sanding, then more paint, then airbrushed, then cleared with 4 coats!

sad isn't it.....my fuckin dash is better painted than you car!!

next time ask sombody newbie! :uh:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85+Jan 15 2004, 07:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stankin85 @ Jan 15 2004, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--306caddy@Jan 15 2004, 03:51 PM

and 306 caddy, i have more time and cash in my damn dash than you do in your whole fuckin car! wait do you even have a car newb?

anyways my dash was flexi-coated, thin layer of fiber glass, then flexi-coated again, then sanded for 2 days before i even thought about putting primer on it. after the primer came more sanding, then primer again, then paint, then more paint, then sanding, then more paint, then airbrushed, then cleared with 4 coats!

next time ask sombody newbie! :uh:[/b][/quote]
it still wont hop :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Jan 15 2004, 09:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Jan 15 2004, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 07:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--306caddy
@Jan 15 2004, 03:51 PM

next time ask sombody newbie! :uh:
it still wont hop :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i'm workin on that as we speak. i just ordered my 2 1/2 tons and the 3rd pump :0 just 48 volts....but i intend on clown'N :biggrin:

see you at showdown 04' ;)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i like the dashboard job you go done there stankin but im not feeling that jester at all....looks like a prison tatt

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 15 2004, 10:33 PM
i like the dashboard job you go done there stankin but im not feeling that jester at all....looks like a prison tatt
lol lol well thats a first! lol

i like it, but i agree it needs a little color. to each his own. ;)

here are some closer pics..

Last edited by stankin85 at Jan 16 2004, 12:31 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
If you guys hate the hood, the you'll really hate the trunk! lol

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Jan 16 2004, 02:09 AM
Fuck what they say, hommie! The dash is Fresh-2-Death...
thanks cuz. ;)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by low s-10@Jan 16 2004, 05:00 PM
that looks cool.... some haters in here :uh:
:thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
it all is straight

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Jan 16 2004, 10:06 PM
it all is straight
thanks :thumbsup: i glad someone likes it besides me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the response your shit looks good i'm sending you mine tomorrow fuck all that sanding didn't know what i was getting into

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
that is hot to def

1 - 20 of 30 Posts