LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kandy painted it the first time was proud of the results but not to proud it wa sment to come off cause soemone in th eparking lot hit my bumper and scracthed my whole side up....so i decided to take mroe practice in acrylic paints instead before i step the game up...followed mr estillo instructions...appreciate the help man! came out great he said to cut in buff in 4 or 5 days of bakin int he sun so ill wait a few days ebfor ei get down to business and brign put the real shine! o yea an di painted it in one car garage liek wired 62

here some pics!

taped up

another shot

painted!

another!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont mind my headliner..i picked uo my orange buttons fromt he uphosterly shop..to hold that up..cause evrytime it gets real hot in my car the headliner falls! and i knwo its on big wheels ..but i liv ein florida and its for resale....peopel dont liek 13's around here harly as much as 22's and up

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
nice , what brand of paint is that??

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
Originally posted by 3onthree@Jul 29 2005, 02:55 PM
nice, now you just need to loose the 22's
[snapback]3505945[/snapback]​
I'm sayin! Who cares what other people around you think. Unless you prefer big wheels compared to 13s then its your own thing. :cool:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok its single stage... i payed 58 bucks for all the paint shipped to my door from smartshoppersinc. and the color is omaha orange. and lie i said before mthis car is for resale i live in florida and bigger wheels sell way faster on cars then 13's cause people love big wheels around here i love both....cause i think big wheels look good on certain cars and 13's look god on certain cars..but lets not get inot this wheel thing thanks for the props i started wetsanding tonight...should be done tomorrow or the next and will ge toutside pics asap!

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by bigjaydogg@Jul 31 2005, 12:41 AM
ok its single stage... i payed 58 bucks for all the paint shipped to my door from smartshoppersinc. and the color is omaha orange. and lie i said before mthis car is for resale i live in florida and bigger wheels sell way faster on cars then 13's cause people love big wheels around here i love both....cause i think big wheels look good on certain cars and 13's look god on certain cars..but lets not get inot this wheel thing thanks for the props i started wetsanding tonight...should be done tomorrow or the next and will ge toutside pics asap!
[snapback]3513223[/snapback]​
point is once agaon

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Jul 31 2005, 05:57 PM
isnt it a bad idea to wetsand single stage?
[snapback]3514200[/snapback]​
its a bad idea period,,,EXPECIALY a beginner

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
There is nothing wrong with cutting and buffing single stage.........as long as it's not metalic......

And there is no reason to get down on someone for using single stages.........most solid colors (like this one) look better single stage ;)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the car is completely wetsanded except roof and bumpers....will finish up tomorrow and get to buffing hopefully....and my single stage paintjob looks great...i could give to shits if you clowned on me. as long as its not primer! its some sort of color. wet sanding just made it really smooth but it still shines its weird...like base color clearcoat usually the shine completely dies! and this car was kandy maderin orange over a yellow basecoat but i ddint liek how it came out....it was kinda striped...and a i had a few little runs. i decided to practice more on bullshit little jobs and get used to laying nice even paterns befor ei step up my game!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts