LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** Paint in colder weather ..... I just made some runs on a bumper cover ....I thought it was good to shoot another coat but, just because it appears to be tacked off --- WAIT at least twice as long as you normally would ...... Well, that & you should stick you a brand of paint that you usually use & your used to... DONT let people buy the paint that you recommend -- Exspecially when they buy some other cheap ass stuff... Buy it yourself -- do it right .... NOT LIKE ME :0

·
Registered
343 Posts
i also found out the hard way when the owner buys the paint, i painted a boat once and they bout this cheap ass spectra paint, it looked like shit, he nevere bought any clear for it either and the paint was a flat white. it was pure crap, as for the painting in the cold i have a wood stove i fire up a few hours before i paint so it gets real warm in my garage, then i put the fire out, spray, then use a propane heater after i have sprayed

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*** I feel ya on that one...... If you know what you want for a paint you should buy it ... But As from a painters view -- Buy what your used to ......... I rarely ever do single stage paints & I dont like it when it is some really cheap ass shit ---- NASON....... WHat the hell is that .... A version of the cheap line of Dupont....... Now, ChromaBase is good stuff........ I like the color match from it .... Really good....!!!! I took the job to make a quick $100 ... I didnt know that the guy went & bought some really cheap ass paint instead of what i recommended.....

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 17 2003, 09:06 PM

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Nov 18 2003, 05:00 AM
i also found out the hard way when the owner buys the paint, i painted a boat once and they bout this cheap ass spectra paint, it looked like shit, he nevere bought any clear for it either and the paint was a flat white. it was pure crap, as for the painting in the cold i have a wood stove i fire up a few hours before i paint so it gets real warm in my garage, then i put the fire out, spray, then use a propane heater after i have sprayed
do you spray candy paints in the cold????

i want to try but i dunno........hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 17 2003, 11:05 PM
*** I feel ya on that one...... If you know what you want for a paint you should buy it ... But As from a painters view -- Buy what your used to ......... I rarely ever do single stage paints & I dont like it when it is some really cheap ass shit ---- NASON....... WHat the hell is that .... A version of the cheap line of Dupont....... Now, ChromaBase is good stuff........ I like the color match from it .... Really good....!!!! I took the job to make a quick $100 ... I didnt know that the guy went & bought some really cheap ass paint instead of what i recommended.....
I use nason all the time with no problems. It's good paint at the price.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I like Nason paint. But yeah, any bonehead could tell you it's not wise to paint in the cold. :biggrin: j/k.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lil deville+Nov 18 2003, 02:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lil deville @ Nov 18 2003, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 17 2003, 11:05 PM
I use nason all the time with no problems. It's good paint at the price.[/b][/quote]
NO, This is a cheaper version of that ....... It is some rejected paint line from nason... I called the paint store where it was bought --they said it was some paint that was An even cheaper version of it......... It wasnt all that cold in my garage... I have a house furnace in there & it gets to 80 degrees pretty easily .. The thing was that I turned on the exhaust fan & all the warm air went out the garage....... SO what i did was just put the cover over the fan & warmed it up in the garage & finished the other bumper cover ---- Good too i might add!!!!!!!!!!! Even for this cheap ass shit -- I am impressed ... This paint was $20+tax for a GALLON......THat is cheap shit.... :0

*** Yes , I am a BONEHEAD but, I can tell you this.........

------ DONT paint in the cold unless you have MORE HEAT.....!!!!!!!!

---- At least 60 degrees or so........ ;) AT LEAST THAT!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT+Nov 17 2003, 11:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SWITCHCRAFT @ Nov 17 2003, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--old_school_48@Nov 18 2003, 05:00 AM
do you spray candy paints in the cold????

i want to try but i dunno........hmmmmmmmmmmm[/b][/quote]
i havent sprayed a candy in the cold, i dont recommend it either, i just sprayed the frame for my 69 ford after i reinforced it and had it blasted

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
I PAINTED IN RAINNY WEATHERS AND ALL....JUST REMEMBER WHEN ITS COLD BACK OFF ....WAIT LONGER.......GET SOME HEAT LAMPS...DRYER SOMETHING.....DON'T LAY COATS OF BASE TO HEAVY...CAUSE IT MIGHT REACHED OR COME OUT WITH METALIC BLOCHES.....AND..((((((HAVE PATIENCE)))))))))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts