LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to paint my 86 caprice 4 door with kandy paint i already have the paint its Kandy Manderin Orange i just want to know would it be better to rent a booth or spray it outside in a home made booth? and also can u give me some spraying tips on how to spray the car right so i dont get bleeds, runs, stripes etc? how long do i have to wait for each coat to cure before i apply another? And where do i buy wax and silicone remover to wipe the car down its already primed with 80 grit scratch primer, all the emblems and handles are shaved! ill try and post some pics if i figure it out! and yea i know i should be ridin 13's wit them pumps but right now im ridin 20 inch daytons im gettin ready to restore a convertible 64 so watch out for that ima post a shit load of pics from start to finish! :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
aint no one gonna reply cuase im rollin 20's shit fella's im not keepin the car! :uh: :cool:

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
seeing that you have never painted before you should take the car to someone who has or to a paint shop and let them do it. But if you feel inclined to do it yourself. .... . good luck.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i have book on how to paint cars i read all the basic important shit i just really want to know how hard is it to spray candy paint its Ultra 7000 Kandy Concentrate! :cheesy:

·
Registered
949 Posts
dude don't take candy lightly I wouldn't recommend it for a first time painter -- I know many painters that wouldn't even touch the shit --

Its a matter of knowing you product and gun settings down pat and also how to move around a car keepin it even ..
but if ya gonna have a go, practice a panel first and see how the results will come up ..

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i want it to look clean as fuck like that who sprayed that shit?
and is that candy maderin orange? how the fuck do u upload pictures on this shit!! i never comes up wit the upload bar dman shit!!
but thanks bro!
jay :cool:
and dam that caddys clean

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Originally posted by bigjaydogg@Sep 20 2003, 12:12 AM
yea i want it to look clean as fuck like that who sprayed that shit?
and is that candy maderin orange? how the fuck do u upload pictures on this shit!! i never comes up wit the upload bar dman shit!!
but thanks bro!
jay :cool:
and dam that caddys clean
I dont' know who painted this car it's a pic I got from the caddy fest. In this room there is no upload bar just enter this for posting pics

the url...universal resource locator (where the pic is at)
and

the only thing do it all on one line.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ight i hope my shit comes out like that i emailed quite a few bomb ass painters on here for tips on painting and they gave me the best of there knowlege so ima take it to the fullest! :biggrin: and just hope shit goes right! :cool:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
img.dsc_349.bmp/imp

im tryin but i dont know if it will work cause the pic is in my computer so im tryin!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuck this shit wont work is there anyone i could email the pics too so they can the shit up there!
thnaks jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts