LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to mold and paint my fully wrapped frame on my 65 impala!i am using evercoat body filler for the molding process. i just wanted to know if anybody ever had any problems with this filler cracking on them if they hop there car?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Im going to start working on a 66 myself and am considering powder coating now. I have seen bondo break off on the front frame of a beautiful 67 with 4 pumps. Although he bottomed out when when it happened. It just seems like alot of work to smooth out your frame and paint it, just to mess it up with normal lowriding. Just for show I guess.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
it dont matter what you put on there, if your smashing the frame on the pavement its falling off, i will be smoothing out my frame with filler, the key is to keep it as thin as possible, if you have to have it thicker in some spots, be sure to use some duraglass in those areas.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Oct 1 2007, 09:19 PM~8910461
it dont matter what you put on there, if your smashing the frame on the pavement its falling off, i will be smoothing out my frame with filler, the key is to keep it as thin as possible, if you have to have it thicker in some spots, be sure to use some duraglass in those areas.
what is duraglass?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do u put this in the body filler?

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
they sell it already in a gallon

·
Registered
619 Posts
i would think that body filler would just fall off if your hopping the car :dunno:

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by MOSTHATED CC@Oct 7 2007, 02:29 PM~8947762
what about driving like up dips that you have to take at an angle wouldn't the frame twist and crack the bondo??
unless that frame is strapped up tight its gonna flex guaranteed they are built to do so just a hair but thats enought to stress filler

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by MOSTHATED CC@Oct 7 2007, 04:29 PM~8947762
what about driving like up dips that you have to take at an angle wouldn't the frame twist and crack the bondo??
frame is old school wrapped wit 1/4" steel should not have a twisting problem.

·
Registered
732 Posts
every time you car gets banged up, the body shop always puts filler on the car..and that never cracks..so i don't really think it would crack on a frame, unless you pounded the pavement with it

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
:uh: Mold Your Frame The Right Way Dont Half Ass it With Bondo

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Nov 20 2007, 12:41 PM~9267133
mold it with metal and welds :thumbsup:
and a flap wheel..

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts