Registered
984 Posts
get u a torpedo 2 heat up your space that what i got
i hope it works just bought it yesterday

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i got a big kerosene one and a little propane one also........

i was gonna do it like this.......

turn it on for about 15 minutes before i spray.......then shut it off........then spray........then turn it on again............??????

i'm not as brave as some of those cats out there who spray with it on :0

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I was painting in 50 degree weather last year and it came outr fine without a heater. TO cure the paint I would use one though.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
How cold is it right now? Is it too cold to just use a quick dry reducer? I don't know if I would use the propane heater. It gets chemicals into the air. When I used airplane stripper on my truck, I had a propane heater on and the whole garage filled up with this haze. I'm wondering if it would do the same thing with paint. I would wait until spring time myself. The bugs won't be a problem and you should be around the temperature range of a normal reducer (70 degrees). Good luck though!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
we are luck to see 70 degree heat .... i have painted a truck like that but i had a plastic sheet hanging to act as a shield to prevent dust from entering the zone.... No the plastic didnt catch on fire,, it was in the back of the garage & the car was at the other end.... It worked out......i wouldnt use kerosene the---it has petroleums that arent burned as effeciently as propane......I have a house furnace now.....

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
**** Well,Before i changed my avatar --- I was actually going to paint the car ain the same colors as "Tantalizer" -- a 64 that was on the cover for lowrider back a few years ago ...I was looking to do these colors & my buddy had that edition of lowrider ....Those colors on that car look great together -- I was not going to mimick that paint job in any means -- I have my own designs for that ... I figured that i would just paint a few parts in them colors but , im not feelin it now... i will paint the entire car again this spring ......And if you are considering me a fag - I wont come to church with you ... I dont believe in Faggots & I personally believe they should die ...There is no room in this world for Child molesters & faggots... I Believe that they are the same & i fuckin hate Child molesting Faggots.............................

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Originally posted by lowridn78sabre@Oct 24 2003, 01:11 PM
Hey where did you buy it from? and how much was it? I'm debating on buying one, but I'm not sure if it'll heat my whole garage enough to work

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Oct 28 2003, 11:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Oct 28 2003, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowridn78sabre@Oct 24 2003, 01:11 PM
Hey where did you buy it from? and how much was it? I'm debating on buying one, but I'm not sure if it'll heat my whole garage enough to work[/b][/quote]
you can buy them at Harbor Frieght our any farm supply store, You can get the big one for around $200.00 and it will heat a 20x30 not insulated.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Ninny Nunnamaker@Oct 25 2003, 02:34 AM
whys that??? afraid that u are going to fukk it up???
to answer your question..........

i'm afraid of ending up in a million pieces.....it's about 50 degrees right now..........

the reducer i bought (hok) is for 80 degrees :angry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts