LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took the frame down to bair metal and primered it with rustolium metal primer...whats the best paint i can use to paint it..like the most durable...i dont want any textured shit just some smoth black paint, any sugestions?

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont got that kinda money and its still on the car...im lookin for a good, thick, and durable, paint in a can what brand?

·
The Hard Road
16,761 Posts
Originally posted by lowdown64ss@Sep 27 2003, 08:59 PM
do they have it in spray cans or is that brush on?
Brush on, search Google for it. It has a good reputation.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got done painting it...i used rostolium metal primer then gloss black and then clear and it looks fuckin sweet :biggrin: next im gonna paint the bottom of the body...damn i didnt think it would turn out so good

·
Registered
489 Posts
don't you have to apply POR-15 directly over rust or it'll flake off?

·
Registered
343 Posts
i sandblasted my frame and then painted it with epoxy paint, it worked awsome and shines like a mother fucker....green frames are the shit :cool:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
if you can't powdercoat(the best way) because of the expense.

like the homies said, you can brush on por - 15, there is also aerosol(spray) frame paint.

napa sells their own brand and it works well or you can use an epoxy as well.

:cheesy: ,

cc

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos@Oct 2 2003, 09:35 PM
if you can't powdercoat(the best way) because of the expense.

like the homies said, you can brush on por - 15, there is also aerosol(spray) frame paint.

napa sells their own brand and it works well or you can use an epoxy as well.

:cheesy: ,

cc
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
when we built our car trailer we use the industrial strength rustoleum ... it is some really tuff ass shit & alot cheaper than por-15.................... they use the rustoleum here in the mines & Im sure they use it for a good reason seeing that they have to deal with alot of climate changes & that......

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Ok I'm going to let yall in on a BIG secret for getting the most durable frame, WAY BETTER than powdercoating, and MUCH less cost.........you can thank me later......and yes I have my frame done in this with their D1 PURPLE..........(damn now yallknow my car color) ......yall get no more info about MY car now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ....... magnetpaints.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts