LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
When Sal painted the belly of my 64 he used a gravity feed gun.... the only thing he did really was keep the cup full and wrap a rag tightly around the top of the cup and tape it down so that it could still breathe, but it wouldnt drip from the breather hole. Shot the paint at about a 45 degree angle in most places... but some places you just cant help but shoot straight up....

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
put an angled fitting where the cup attaches to the gun, this only works for spraying in one position, but if you are doing onlt the bottom it works great.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i shot mine with a regular non gravity fed gun and i just shot it at an angle the whole time and it came out fine the big thing is just take your time :biggrin:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
that is one of the worst things that you have to do is to paint upside down and i say its better to use a gravity feed gun so there is always paint at the tip and with a conventional you might get paint spurts. just make sure you tie a rag around the cap and wrap it with tape so you dont get on you. but now that we are doing alot of frame offs i got a rotisserie and my problems are all over

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had this same question not to long ago... but I found the answer... They are special cups made by 3M. They have a bag in them which is what holds the paint and they screw on the gravity feed gun upside down... Once you have the gun loaded up... you turn the entire gun upside down and pull the trigger all the way.... a vacuum is created and the bag in the cup that is filled with paint shrivels up untill all of the air is out and the paint starts to flow... Now you can hold your gun any which way and spray with no problem even holding the gun completly upside down... I wish I knew the exact name of the product but I don't... all I know is I found these things about six months ago and they are the best thing that ever happened to me as far as spraying upside down is concerned... I'm am suprised that no one has heard of this, especially the people that spray upside down all of the time... now I feel like it was some sort of a secret that I should have kept to myself... hahahaha

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your totally right! I heard about this too a while back from the guys on the paintucation.com forum. I was just curious to see what everyone else on this site was doing to get around using that system because I wanted to know if it could be done without it. By the way how much did you pay for it. Must be worth it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Cady Ridah... I have no idea how much they cost... I got them for free from a friend of mine... and Switchcraft... I don't think that we are talking about the same thing....

Last edited by Illustrious Auto Works at Aug 13 2003, 11:26 PM

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
there called PPS paint preparation system. part number 16000 is the 650ml liners medium , and 16024 is the 850ml liners large. you have to buy 1 or 2 cup and collar (comes together). liners and plastic cups sold separately, as well as adapters. been using them for years....

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by hi_ryder@Apr 6 2010, 06:55 AM~17110252
there called PPS paint preparation system. part number 16000 is the 650ml liners medium , and 16024 is the 850ml liners large. you have to buy 1 or 2 cup and collar  (comes together). liners and plastic cups sold separately, as well as adapters. been using them for years....

I use these everyday.. I could not live without them now haha.. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts