LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: I Want to paint my carbut need to Know if these would be right steps in which I would paint my Car.
1. Lay down a silver base coat.
2. Lay down may patternsin HOK dark blue.
3. Lay down Royal blue flake.
4. Sand the car smooth.
5. Clear coat.
6. HOK Kandy Blue paint.
7. 1.5 gallons of clear coat (Buffed in between each coat).
If this is the right way to do this I would appreicate if would would let me know. If not what do I need to change. Any help would be appricateed. Sorry not so good of a speller on long words.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You got the right idea, but you are missing a few steps try thiss.

1. Lay down HOK silver sealer
2. Lay down patternsin HOK dark blue.
3. Lay down silver flake. You won't need blue flake cause of the candy
4. Lay 2 to 3 coats of midcoat clear.
5. Wetsand Smooth with 400 grt.
6. HOK Kandy Blue paint.
7. 3 to 4 coats of clear
8. Wetsand smooth with 400 grt.
9. 1 to 2 coats of topcoat clear.
10. Wetsand with 1500 grt, then 2000 grt.
11. Buff to a shine.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size of flake would I need to use? I want to be able to see when you drive by someone on the street. How much of everything would I need to useto paint my car. It is for a 94 Lincoln Towncar.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also how much of everything do I mix to get right.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes This is the first time painting a car. I am going to school to become a auto body repairer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by Lil_Rob00@Dec 11 2003, 09:52 PM
Yes This is the first time painting a car. I am going to school to become a auto body repairer.
Man you've got alot of gutz if you're gonna start off shooting Kandy. I don't know if it's such a good idea cause if you run the Kandy or shoot it unevenly it could be very hard to fix unlike BC/CC. Either way it's your car so it's all on you Good Luck homie :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
TGF is right. I would start out painting singlestages, then move up to clear/base until you are confortable with that. It took me like 3 years of painting 2 stage jobs befor I moved on to 3 stage jobs like candy, but if you rely want to do it. Replace the silver base with a blue base. This will be more forgiving when making simple mistakes with the candy, and it will still look just as good as using silver as your base. As for the mixing instruction. just follow the tech cheats, and go all with house of Kolor. Good luck. and post us some pics when your done K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts