LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys please post questions and discussion about rules/list/joining in discussion thread. ;)
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/showt...cussion-thread!
Lets keep this topic here for builds discussion only.

Alright, lets start the thread :D

Starting date: this weekend, starting from June 10'th and ending in July 10'th(EDIT: NEW ENDING DATE IS 17'TH).
Time zone of the starting date doesnt matter since if we have specific starting time, some guys can start from daylight and some guys have to wait till its like midnight. Just make sure you start from June 10'th, we all have enough time to paint so doesnt matter if some guys can start few hours earlier ;) .

Rules are these:
* One month to find a kit(if necessary) and paint it, it will leave everybody enough time since its summer and I bet everybody need some time to spend to other stuff too. It can be extended if necessary once it comes to end.
* Must be unpainted body, no problem if it has some mods done to it, rest of the kit will not count.
* Foiling is optional but clear coat is required(it gives the real final look for the paintjob).
* Finishing the whole kit is optional
* All styles are welcome: custom, flames, 2-tone, patterns, murals, pinstripes, everything that looks cool, just make sure that you pay attention to painting not just decals. You can combine some decals with paintjob but try to keep your effort in actual paint.
* No specific ride, 62-64 Impalas are preferred style but not strictly required, if you cant get them its OK and you can choose something else.

* Poll will decide the winner. No prizes, its just a friendly buildoff to see some sick work!! :cool:

So far these people have joined, but everybody can join during the buildoff with unpainted body!:cool::cool: Just let me know and I'll add you to list

1. Siim123
2. PINK86REGAL
3. pancho1969
4. Esoteric
5. Tonioseven
6. gseeds
7. Trendsetta 68 ??
8. MINIDREAMS INC.
9. REGALISTIC
10. machio
11. josh 78
12. D.L.O. Styles
13. Siim's homie who doesnt want to make user for one car but I will post his progress for him :biggrin:
14. Rollindeep408
15. arturo rios
16. charlieshowtime
17. SPL1T~PERSONAL1TY
18. Mad_One ("65 Rivi" will post progress pics)
19. SlammdSonoma
20. candilove
21. frost("pina's LRM replica" will post his progress)

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Alright, lets start the thread :D

Starting date: this weekend, starting from June 10'th and ending in July 10'th.
Time zone of the starting date doesnt matter since if we have specific starting time, some guys can start from daylight and some guys have to wait till its like midnight. Just make sure you start from June 10'th, we all have enough time to paint so doesnt matter if some guys can start few hours earlier ;) .

Rules are these:
* One month to find a kit(if necessary) and paint it, it will leave everybody enough time since its summer and I bet everybody need some time to spend to other stuff too. It can be extended if necessary once it comes to end.
* Must be unpainted body, no problem if it has some mods done to it, rest of the kit will not count.
* Foiling is optional but clear coat is required(it gives the real final look for the paintjob).
* Finishing the whole kit is optional
* All styles are welcome: custom, flames, 2-tone, patterns, murals, pinstripes, everything that looks cool, just make sure that you pay attention to painting not just decals. You can combine some decals with paintjob but try to keep your effort in actual paint.
* No specific ride, 62-64 Impalas are preferred style but not strictly required, if you cant get them its OK and you can choose something else.

* Poll will decide the winner. No prizes, its just a friendly buildoff to see some sick work!! :cool:

So far these people have joined, but everybody can join during the buildoff with unpainted body!:cool::cool: Just let me know and I'll add you to list

1. Siim123
2. PINK86REGAL
3. pancho1969
4. Esoteric
5. Tonioseven
6. gseeds
7. truscale ??
8. Trendsetta 68 ??
9. MINIDREAMS INC.
10. REGALISTIC
11. machio
12. josh 78
13. D.L.O. Styles
14. Siim's homie who doesnt want to make user for one car but I will post his progress for him :biggrin:
my menu is sorta full right now, I'm not 100% if I'll be able to join?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm here at my boy's shop (j.frannea) who painted my "Stranglehold" Monte Carlo, I told him about this competition, and he wanted to join in, is that cool?
Its cool! :cool: Everybody can join. Let me know his username or will he post thru your username?

my menu is sorta full right now, I'm not 100% if I'll be able to join?
Alright, let me know once you decide something :cool:

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I know it's not paint but can leafing be used ?
It's used on the 1:1's as a part of the design scheme
and techniques.

Oh, I'm in with a '63 Impala or a '63 Biscayne. Still need to decide which one.

·
underground pimpin'
8,483 Posts
Here's a question...I got a mailbox I gotta paint up for me and my new house....could this be entered? Its no kit but I can add rims etc...lol.

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Here's a question...I got a mailbox I gotta paint up for me and my new house....could this be entered? Its no kit but I can add rims etc...lol.
LMAO.....

Can I put my house in the build off since I need to paint it anyway? Was thinkin some gold leaf and some tribal flames with some flip flop paint... :roflmao::D

·
underground pimpin'
8,483 Posts
Well nevermind then...figured id throw something in there to get me remotely back to building...guess not. Later guys

1 - 20 of 666 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.