LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told the reason my subs blew were cuz of the signal my deck sends.... i was also told that Panasonic is better than Pioneer... Please let me know what yall think...... and if you think that both are garbage.... let me know a good brond to get

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any one have some kinda shit to talk about either of these decks??? lol j/p :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What model of Pioneer vs Panasonic are we talking about??

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
PIONEER

u dont even need an antenna to get good reception with a pioneer :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
They both have their low/mid/and high end decks. . . I dont really think one is better then the other.

If you have a dirty signal from your headunit, you should really blame it on the install first of all. Check your grounds. Your clipping REALLY bad some were along the line, unless you have an intermitant short somewere.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by ur not low89@Oct 13 2003, 10:27 PM
PIONEER

u dont even need an antenna to get good reception with a pioneer :cheesy:
I agree with that..

I also have both brands, but like the pioneer better, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
685 Posts
Pioneer all the way. Its a better high end system. They might have been comparing a Low end older model Pioneer to a current Pana or something. But Pioneer is up there with the bests for a reason. ASll my cars have Pioneer decks cept one. That one that doesnt has a kenwood. ( I found that Kenwood has better high end equilization ) So i put it in the family car. Dont need alot of bass in the family car ya know.

:cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had the high end of both brands and if you want more control and more bass from you system, Pioneer Premieer is the way to go as long as it's the 800 series or up.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Oct 13 2003, 03:02 PM
i was told the reason my subs blew were cuz of the signal my deck sends.... i was also told that Panasonic is better than Pioneer... Please let me know what yall think...... and if you think that both are garbage.... let me know a good brond to get
THe only time a singal can "blow" a sub is if it is above or below the rated frequency output of the subwoofer, or if the signal is so shitty (from bad rca's usually) that it sends sign waves through the output of the amp. Most amps have protection against this, and so unless you have an extremely cheap amp, you will know theres a problem if it has to do with your deck.

Personally, pineer has been in the game for many years, and they have excellent customer service, I would go either way tho.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Oct 30 2003, 10:57 AM~1228973
THe only time a singal can "blow" a sub is if it is above or below the rated frequency output of the subwoofer, or if the signal is so shitty (from bad rca's usually) that it sends sign waves through the output of the amp. Most amps have protection against this, and so unless you have an extremely cheap amp, you will know theres a problem if it has to do with your deck.

Personally, pineer has been in the game for many years, and they have excellent customer service, I would go either way tho.
clipped signal = smoked woofer

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 16 2007, 07:25 PM~9017014
clipped signal = smoked woofer
clipped signal = heat but doesnt always = blown woofer ;)
but in most cases it does

·
Registered
464 Posts
pioneer if you you want quality
and that bad signal could have came from the amp turn your gains down

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
the only problem i have with pioneer is the unit doesn't want to give me the cd back sometimes

1 - 20 of 34 Posts