LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hoping for some help. Why would pancake not raise the rear as much as the front? Was working.. but seems the front goes up much more/faster than back. Back on its own switch seems to work fine up & down..just pancake is not raising it evenly...

thanks Kevin
MeanGreenIceCreamMachine

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
lots of variables. How about some more info(setup,car,etc)? front and rear are not the same lift ratio...

So true, you have to have right power and gear combo to equal the front, also it matters on spring hight. If the front doesnt go down enough , of course the front will lock up first.

Lets see what your working with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

Sorry.. 4 batteries, 2 pumps. I seem to remember this working well always meaning when standing outside the truck (vehicle is a 1975 step van ice cream truck) that when I did pancake...it was raising equally in the front and back. Now the front raises well but the back almost lags behind..hardly lifts. Now if I were to just hit the back switch up and down..works well. Its almost like it is not sending the signal or not enough power to rear when doing pancake. Could it be something in the wiring on the switch itself? Maybe I should try to understand how that switch is wired, what it really does (sends signal to raise both front and back via which wires) etc. Anyone know? Sorry for my ignorance.. i shoudl have asked the installer these questions.

Thank you
Kevin

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Sorry.. 4 batteries, 2 pumps. I seem to remember this working well always meaning when standing outside the truck (vehicle is a 1975 step van ice cream truck) that when I did pancake...it was raising equally in the front and back. Now the front raises well but the back almost lags behind..hardly lifts. Now if I were to just hit the back switch up and down..works well. Its almost like it is not sending the signal or not enough power to rear when doing pancake. Could it be something in the wiring on the switch itself? Maybe I should try to understand how that switch is wired, what it really does (sends signal to raise both front and back via which wires) etc. Anyone know? Sorry for my ignorance.. i shoudl have asked the installer these questions.

Thank you
Kevin

Do you have switch box, if so maybe the pancake switch is bad. The switch boxes always have cheep switches that dont feel good.

If you have a side to side switchs, lay the truck down and then hit any of the side to side switchs to lift, it should be the same as hitting the pancake switch up.

And if it reacts the same, then its in your pump or mybe you oil also your batterys might need a good charge.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

Thank you
Kevin
are you runing one bank of batteries? if so that explains the issue. when you lift the rear only you are drawing power of one motor only so it will raise normal. with the pancake switch your powering 2 motors and creating double the draw on the battey banks and will slow things down. And based on the fact its an ice cream truck i assume you have pumps batteries and freezers back there making it heavier then the front and much more strain on the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.