LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many people know what the deal is with hittin switches in parking lots...
i know its considered private property so does this mean that cops cant do shit???? obviously they can wait until u leave but say you dont leave, can they really not do ANYTHING while you're in the parking lot?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
323 Posts
here in ohio i received a written warning (moving vio) for hopping in a almost empty burger king parking lot. REAL BULLSHIT! :0

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by LemonDrop63@Jul 28 2005, 07:53 AM
here in ohio i received a written warning (moving vio) for hopping in a almost empty burger king parking lot. REAL BULLSHIT! :0
[snapback]3495588[/snapback]​
that is bullshit! be hapy it was a warning though

i know here in the cornstate :biggrin: as long as the car is stopped you can do anything you want. when rolling- there is NO warning. and parking lots i've never had a prob. just last night the wife, kids and i were out cruisin and hit the lake, we were fuckin with the switches there infront of 2 cops ( didnt see them ) in the lake parking lot in drive and they didnt say anything, so i dunno.
a few years ago i got busted for 3 wheeling, i seen the cop make a u turn, and just as he did- i pulled over, parked it and jumped out and started walking. after about an hour i went back and drove home :biggrin: :biggrin: . i dont like paying for tickets or goin to court

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by LemonDrop63@Jul 28 2005, 08:53 AM
[snapback]3495588[/snapback]​
one of the guys in our club (more gthan one acctuallY) have gotten wreckless opperation tickets for 3 wheeling and lost thier L's due too it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Jul 28 2005, 12:23 PM
one of the guys in our club (more gthan one acctuallY) have gotten wreckless opperation tickets for 3 wheeling and lost thier L's due too it.
[snapback]3496019[/snapback]​

:angry:

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
Yeah here if you are stopped in a parking lot its cool, they come over and watch, but as soon as you hit the switch on the road, its over, red and blue lights.

·
Homie Styln
7,743 Posts
:uh: Well I'm not from Canada but here's my thought on this. In the 70-80's I sported around in my 69 Chevelle, got a shit load of tickets for hopping & scraping on the streets of East Side San Jose. Was able to avoid any tickets when I moved back to So. Cal.. I was a lot more careful where & when I hit the switches there.. Here's where it get a little sticky, with age comes reflection.. When your on the streets and you hop or 3-w your shit a lot of things can happen and some of them ain't good. So from Mr Law's prospective it proably doesn't look safe. Like I said I had about 8 reckless driving tkt's for moving cntr of gravity (hopping) - scraping on public roads causing a dangerious condition - moving modified supension. With most of these also came open container tkt's since I seemed at that time to a predefined condition of having to drink beer & wine while I was doing these things. Ah to be young and foolish, but had a great time.. So let's just say if you know it's an issue then becareful or be young and foolish and say f%&*-it and deal with it. But don't complain. Like I said I didn't have any issues when I moved to So Cal cause I knew the cop were less tolerant then where I had been.. Just my thought on this.. ;)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
our club ran into an issue like that we were posted up in a target parkinglot. and a police officer told us that we had to leave because the owner of the property . had called the cops. which i tought that was bull shit . because we wernt the only ones there and they only told us to leave all the euros and bikers that were burning rubber,got to stay. we did not want no problems so we left. the following week it was crunk again we decided to post up.this time away from the euros and we still got fucked with by the cops..thats fucked up i think..

·
Homie Styln
7,743 Posts
:angry: It's been that way as long as I can remember... :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
well a couple yrs back i got a ticket up in wasaga, for just lifting my car on the strip, they called it reckless driving, $365.00 6 points, only because i was on the street, from what i know they cant do shiet to you on private property i.e. parking lots, but id still be carefull im sure u dont need your car to be noticed with all the local popo, otherwise they just be hunting for you, waiting for you to do sumthing.

oh by the way, for the ticket i got it drop to "traffic interference and a $80 fine" kinda like parking in a snow route, but i also paid 5 hun in lawyer fees but at least no points,

my 2 cents just watch out and dont be a dumbass, it only takes one bad lowrider out there to fuck up shiet for everyone in the lolo community

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Jul 28 2005, 09:15 AM
that is bullshit! be hapy it was a warning though
i seen the cop make a u turn, and just as he did- i pulled over, parked it and jumped out and started walking. 
[snapback]3495962[/snapback]​
That's hilarious man, but you're lucky they didn't draw on you. :0 You know how trigger happy they get when they think you're on the run! :0 :0 :0

·
Registered
318 Posts
I haven't had any real problems on priivate property at all, down in rexdale, woodbine mall area, just got a stupid ticket cause my car was bouncing around on the road...accumlators fixed that ;)

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i have hot rod cruise in djs threaten to call the police and arrest me for hopping 3 licks and there were no cars around me for a 10 parking spot radius? how about cops making u turns and running my plates just for driving a lowrider...or getting pulled over cause the cop said the plates were unregistered in his computer...when really he wanted any reason to impound the car and take me to jail...they take all the fun out of it...i always feel like crap after a run in with the police even though i have everything is legit..i have security gaurds yell at me for lifting the car while leaving a show...a certain group of oldtimers hates lowriders where we are...u know all 3 of us..and they stop at nothing to keep us out of shows and make it uncomfortable

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have hot rod cruise in djs threaten to call the police and arrest me for hopping 3 licks and there were no cars around me for a 10 parking spot radius? how about cops making u turns and running my plates just for driving a lowrider...or getting pulled over cause the cop said the plates were unregistered in his computer...when really he wanted any reason to impound the car and take me to jail...they take all the fun out of it...i always feel like crap after a run in with the police even though i have everything is legit..i have security gaurds yell at me for lifting the car while leaving a show...a certain group of oldtimers hates lowriders where we are...u know all 3 of us..and they stop at nothing to keep us out of shows and make it uncomfortable

fuck man thats pretty extreme... i think sometimes people forget its a fuckin car... people make it there business... if you dont like it, down own one, its that simple... tell those old timers to go suck a wrinkly old dick and then park in front of him so he cant get his car out and just hop the fuk outa it

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 28 2005, 12:40 PM
That's hilarious man, but you're lucky they didn't draw on you. :0  You know how trigger happy they get when they think you're on the run!  :0  :0  :0
[snapback]3497341[/snapback]​
they circled the block, then 2 blocks, then 15 minutes. i was in the bar watchin . as soon as i KNEW it was clear, i jumped in and headed home. i wasant about to pay the outragouse ticket for that. the bar was 5 buildings down from when i parked it and jumped out............ i can laugh about it now

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
im from niagara falls ont canada i think its alright to hop in a parking lot if the owner doesnt care but on the street youll get busted

·
SHOT CALLER
2,016 Posts
i was in Niagra Falls the last long weekend for the Rollerz Only picnic and later we hit the No Frills parkin lot and i started to hit swtiches in the lot and there was an older cop in there watchin us and as soon as we rolled out of the lot he followed us then we got pulled over and he just told us that we better not be hittin them when we where on the road.. so we went back to the lot and parked it for a bit and then we went out and draged the ass of the S-Dime from the Wendys to the Country style donought shop and got pulled over by a diffrent cop.. and he let us off with a warning but he was pissed and the said i can charge you this ... and he spit out like 4 diffrent things but it was all good we just came back to No Frills and parked it and then he came back and watched us to make sure we didnt do anything stupid...lol.. i know my brother is on here and hes been hit 3 times for hoppin his 63 rag and hes beat them each time..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts