LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quote for 800.00. I think its too much for what I want. Its just going to be a weekend ride and its not going to be a hopper and no three wheelin. I just want a basic wrap to just help the frame out to hold its shape when doin the basic manuevers i.e, front, back, side to side. Maybe later I'll get somethin built for hoppin!

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
people don't understand the "basic" and "stresspoint" wraps you are talking aboout ,you are still doing the hardest parts of the frame ie. the belly the spring pockets the curves at the rear humps,by the time you do all thatshit the rest is all the straight and easy stuff.and depending on where you are from and the quality of work you get , it ranges from 2500 and up for a good frame wrap.

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by supreme@Aug 1 2005, 07:58 PM
Got a quote for 800.00. I think its too much for what I want. Its just going to be a weekend ride and its not going to be a hopper and no three wheelin. I just want a basic wrap to just help the frame out to hold its shape when doin the basic manuevers i.e, front, back, side to side. Maybe later I'll get somethin built for hoppin!
[snapback]3523770[/snapback]​
If you took the time to do it yourself, you'd see that you are into HOURS of work even on a "partial wrap". It took me MONTHS of weekend and few hours a day of work to do my full frame wrap.(granted it was by myself with no help) Hell, it probably would have taken me at least 3 full weekends on my own to do a "partial wrap". I wouldn't do it for $800 even. Shit I can make that by working two 8 hour sundays sitting on my as at work. By the time they buy the steel, welding wire not to mention hours of work....you should just be more focused on making sure the work is done right....

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 1 2005, 10:10 PM
If you took the time to do it yourself, you'd see that you are into HOURS of work even on a "partial wrap". It took me MONTHS of weekend and few hours a day of work to do my full frame wrap.(granted it was by myself with no help) Hell, it probably would have taken me at least 3 full weekends on my own to do a "partial wrap". I wouldn't do it for $800 even. Shit I can make that by working two 8 hour sundays sitting on my as at work. By the time they buy the steel, welding wire not to mention hours of work....you should just be more focused on making sure the work is done right....
[snapback]3524839[/snapback]​
Exactly :) Alot of people dont know how many hours and hard work goes into doing this kind of work.

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwoodswangin@Aug 2 2005, 12:18 PM
Exactly :)  Alot of people dont know how many hours and hard work goes into doing this kind of work.
[snapback]3527250[/snapback]​
No shit, $800 sounds like a lot of money but you go to pay to play.

If we wanted cheap hobbies, we'd stick to $50 bolt on metal wings and $20 stickers :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 2 2005, 11:30 AM
No shit, $800 sounds like a lot of money but you go to pay to play.

If we wanted cheap hobbies, we'd stick to $50 bolt on metal wings and $20 stickers :roflmao:
[snapback]3527308[/snapback]​
800 sounds like alot my ass that sounds more like half ass work and peanut welds. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts