LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31,363 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@Oct 30 2007, 10:41 AM~9113310
was wondering what gets wrapped in a partial wrap? and what size of metal to reinforce with

3/16-1/4-3/8 whatever

camel hump - cross member - a arm - only one side or 2 or 3 of the frame you have 1000 posibility ;)

·
Registered
31,363 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@Oct 30 2007, 10:56 AM~9113423
ok thnx but whats a good thickness to wrap with not to heavy or weak?

DEPEND WHAT FRAME AND WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THE CAR ;)

FOR A STREET IMPALA 3/16 ITS ENOUGH BUT FOR A 80 CADDY HOPPER YOU NEED 3/8 ;)

C

·
0 Posts
a partial wrap is a fancy way of saying "HALF ASSED" :biggrin: but i have done it and will do it again. but i always recommend a FULL wrap

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by classic customs@Oct 30 2007, 09:41 AM~9113747
a partial wrap is a fancy way of saying  "HALF ASSED"  :biggrin: but i have done it and will do it again.  but i always recommend a FULL wrap
Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
haha i like classic customs answer. i dont think it could be put any better

basically means the arches, front spring pockets, towers, crossmember. basically all the easy areas to fit, cut and weld the plates

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 30 2007, 03:31 PM~9116209
haha i like classic customs answer.  i dont think it could be put any better

basically means the arches, front spring pockets, towers, crossmember.  basically all the easy areas to fit, cut and weld the plates
yup, that pretty much sums it up. But it also depends on what your going to do with the car. If it's your first car, you should do a full wrap. I wish I would have.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by classic customs@Oct 30 2007, 12:41 PM~9113747
a partial wrap is a fancy way of saying  "HALF ASSED"  :biggrin: but i have done it and will do it again.  but i always recommend a FULL wrap
lol couldnt have said it better :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@Oct 30 2007, 12:56 PM~9113861
haha its for a crown what about the a-arms thickness?
3/16th

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
both sides and the bottom, its a partial wrap because you havent lifted the body away from the chassis to get the mig into the top section, plate everything you can get at in 1/4".

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 30 2007, 04:31 PM~9116209
haha i like classic customs answer.  i dont think it could be put any better

basically means the arches, front spring pockets, towers, crossmember.  basically all the easy areas to fit, cut and weld the plates

this is all u need for 90 percent of cars out there ..a full wrap is for a car thats abused real bad...i done miniumum and cars have lasted a years..u dont need a full wrap.oh ye angle under the doors.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
A partial wrap is not necesarily half-assed. It is better sometimes for street cars that aren't doing any major hopping or dancing or anything.
A fully wrapped frame is very heavy compared to a stock frame, If your building a street-car thats a lot of extra weight to try to stop and sharply manuver going down the road, Especially when your riding on a tire that has 3 inches of contact with the road (155-80-13).
...........................Just something to think about.
But, if your buying a car that supposedly has a partial wrap be sure to check it out b/c that term is used very loosely and doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

·
Registered
627 Posts
So, what if you plan on putting a piston pump to the front jus to get some inches on the streetz?? Would a partial wrap be alright?? Like jus for a example if I just had the front of the frame wrapped and the stress points in da back?? I am still stuck on what pump I want to the front though so if someone can help me out (suggestions) I dunno if I want the Pro hopper Piston pump or the Pro Hopper L.A. Series Fat Pump what you guys think? Oh and I'm puttin 12 batts in da trunk

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by juiced 64@Nov 6 2007, 09:24 PM~9171749
A partial wrap is not necesarily half-assed.  It is better sometimes for street cars that aren't doing any major hopping or dancing or anything.
A fully wrapped frame is very heavy compared to a stock frame, If your building a street-car thats a lot of extra weight to try to stop and sharply manuver going down the road, Especially when your riding on a tire that has 3 inches of contact with the road (155-80-13). 
...........................Just something to think about. 
But, if your buying a car that supposedly has a partial wrap be sure to check it out b/c that term is used very loosely and doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

your not talking that much weight bro. just do the math, if you did a "correct" parcial then all you should have left is the top. correct? now how much is that gonna add if you went the hole way and did the top?

but i also see your point. on "real" lowrider street cars there should be very little reinforcing needed. two pumps two switches and lowride :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts