LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to reinforce the frame, but am thinking of just partially wrapping the front half of the car.
How thick should the metal be?

I'm not after serious bounce, but would like to 3 wheel and hop a little?

Any advice is good..
thanks.
matt

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
you better off doing the whole thing.. if you do the front half the rear is gonna break if you do the fornt and back its gonna break in the middle ...

basically when ever you dont reinforce is where all the stress will go ..

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
ice is correct if you got the low low mag for july they explain everything in there about reinforcing..and thats exactly what they said..if you reinforce one part and nto the other all the stress will be pushed to that point and soon or later BREAK! if you gonna do it do it right!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I might have read somewhere, partially wrapping can be decent.. ahh well...
sounds good.
I'll get myself a copy of lowrider.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You dont have to do a full wrap on every car, people aare real misinformed on this. Its true that if you reinforce 1 place the stress goes somewhere else but that doesnt mean youre goona see any noticeable damage.

You gotta know what youre gonna do with the car, if you want an example, look at Cadillac Bobs build up on his 91 Bruogham he was hopping that car 40'' before the car started showing any damage. Layedback Luxuries also hops his Cutlass over 40" regularly, also on just a partial wrap.

I guess what im saying is a full wrap is best, but if done right, and you dont do more than the car will handle the stess point wrap may work well for you. It does on my Caddy and it stands 3 and hops about 35".

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Jul 25 2005, 03:13 PM
You dont have to do a full wrap on every car, people aare real misinformed on this. Its true that if you reinforce 1 place the stress goes somewhere else but that doesnt mean youre goona see any noticeable damage.

You gotta know what youre gonna do with the car, if you want an example, look at Cadillac Bobs build up on his 91 Bruogham he was hopping that car 40'' before the car started showing any damage. Layedback Luxuries also hops his Cutlass over 40" regularly, also on just a partial wrap.

I guess what im saying is a full wrap is best, but if done right, and you dont do more than the car will handle the stess point wrap may work well for you. It does on my Caddy and it stands 3 and hops about 35".
[snapback]3475744[/snapback]​
I agree.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you do a partial wrap without taking the body off? And just cover as much as you can get to??
I have the engine out anyway, so im fine to wrap the frame all along there.
How thick should the metal be anyway? I think i heard 3 or 4mm?
It would be nice to have the whole frame wrapped but i just don't have enough room to keep the body around..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by mounch@Jul 25 2005, 08:51 PM
Can you do a partial wrap without taking the body off? And just cover as much as you can get to??
I have the engine out anyway, so im fine to wrap the frame all along there.
It would be nice to have the whole frame wrapped but i just don't have enough room to keep the body around..
[snapback]3477476[/snapback]​
just buy my frame, fully wrapped and molded...never been on a car

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
You can do alot with the body on. But, its such a pain in the ass. You are constantly welding upside down. You are better off taking the body off, its much easier than doing it with the body on. You can take the body off and on in a day.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by mounch@Jul 25 2005, 11:51 PM

[snapback]3477476[/snapback]​
damn the metric system! damn them

thats what in american numbers ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts