LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
The setups I build have 3 HO motors, 2 in the back and one up front.
With these HO motors I can pose ther car in almost any position.
For hopping I use a 130 motor and it's hidden under the dash.
Some 1.5mm thick styrene to form the shafts, brass to make the U-bars, strong fishing line (or kiteline) for the hopping and floss for the HO action.
4 DPTD momentary toggle switches with 6 prongs so you can reverse the motors.
A switchbox that can be found anywhere...a small lunchbox will do the trick.
Wire 10 lines bundled together...I use comp cable.

Of you go! ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by jermbug@Aug 29 2003, 07:38 AM
hey jevries do you have a diagram or a website were I/we could could find one at?
yeah, no shit.......... i been wanting to build one. i hear about it over and over on how to do it, i've seen it done..... but someone needs to do one step by step with detailed pictures and text to go along with each one.

and i know the perfect guy to do that ;) .........

(Jevries) :puffin:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BUILD A DANCER FROM SCTRACH I CAN BUILD A DANCER WITH ALMOST EVERY KIND OF MODEL THE MOTORS I USE ARE FROM RADIO SHACK THOSE ROUND 99 CENTS ONE I GET FOUR AND ENOUGHE WIRE FOR A FOUR MOTORS AND I GET THE SWITCH BOX AND SWITCHES THEIR TOO. I USE THOSE BIG PUSH BUTTON SWITCHIES YOU CAN GET ALL THIS AT RADIO SHACK. I ALWAYS USE THE HOPPIN HYDROS T- SLIDERS
USE SOME STRONG STRING TO ME KITE STRING BREAKS TO EASY WHEN I DRILL THE HOLES FOR THE STRING TO GO THROUGH I ALWAYS PUT O RINGS WITH ROUND SMOOTH EDGES SO THE STRING WONT CUT THROUGH THE PLASTIC AND I SUPER GLUE BARS ACROSS THE THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME SO THE STRING SLIDES EASY. THE BATTERYS I USE ARE 7.2 VOLT RECHARGABLE THIS IS ENOUGH TO LAST THROUGH A SHOW CAUSE IF YOU USE TO MUCH POWER YOUR JUST KEEP FLIPPING THE CAR. I GOT PRETTY GOOD AT THIS I DO SHOWS AND BRING HOME TROPHYS IF YOUR FROM AZ YOU PROBURLY MIGHT HAVE SEEN MY MODELS I HAD A NEW VW BUG LOOKED LIKE THE TRULY NOLAN BUG. PINK VW BUS AND ORANGE 59 THESE WERE MY SHOW WINNERS UNTIL SOME PUNK ASS STOLED THEM OUT OF MY CAR AT MY WORK ALL I HAVE LEFT WAS THE STRING FUCK THOSE BASTARDS WHO STOLED MY CARS ALL THAT TIME WASTED WORKING ON THEM

IF YOU NEED MORE HELP ASK

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I THINK THE LONGER THE STRING THE MORE YANK FOR EXAMPLE THE MOTORS IN THE BACK OF THE CAR I USE FOR THE FRONT END SO IT PULLS IT MORE LEAVING SOME SLACK SO THE STRING CAN BE YANKED HARD CAUSING IT TO HOP MORE AND BETTER

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by AZ WAR CHIEF@Aug 30 2003, 12:39 PM
I THINK THE LONGER THE STRING THE MORE YANK FOR EXAMPLE THE MOTORS IN THE BACK OF THE CAR I USE FOR THE FRONT END SO IT PULLS IT MORE LEAVING SOME SLACK SO THE STRING CAN BE YANKED HARD CAUSING IT TO HOP MORE AND BETTER
i think the motors should be closer. If they are that far away, then that's just more string that wraps around the shaft, which means all that extra string has to unwrap when the model comes down. i think it would be easier if it only went around 2-3 times

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Aug 30 2003, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Aug 30 2003, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--AZ WAR CHIEF@Aug 30 2003, 12:39 PM
i think the motors should be closer. If they are that far away, then that's just more string that wraps around the shaft, which means all that extra string has to unwrap when the model comes down. i think it would be easier if it only went around 2-3 times[/b][/quote]
to me the closer the motor to the u bar/ t slider the better.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
HEY EVERYBODY THEIR OWN WAY ON DOING THING SO DO WHAT YOU THINK BEST AND MAD MODELER I'LL SHOW MY MODELS AS SOON AS I GET A CAMERA IM GONNA BUY THOSE DISPOSABLE DIGITAL CAMERAS THEN GET THOSE DEVELOPED SO IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME THEN ILL ALL YOU GUYS AND TELL WHAT YOU THINK UNTIL THEN PATIENCES IT BE WORTH IT. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts