LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a heap of pigment, its like opalesent , real nice looking, how can i make heaps of this colour and keep the same colour? like i want 5 litres of paint the same colour as this pigment?its like a blue/green/yellowish colour, how can i do this?thanks.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is nice........

Get some PPG dbc500 or is it dcu500......any way, it's intercoat clear, you can also use HOK's intercoat clear.......just mix it.

Go to wall mart and get a few of those "tupperwere" like pitchers to store it in........they come in 1/2 gallen, and gallen sizes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do I have this right? You are wanting a basecoat that is similar in color to the pearl? If so, why not just go to your local paint supplier and either find similar color or have them mix one for you?

BTW, I have a pound of that pearl. It's a nice color.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ok, I think I got it............You want to use that pearl to make your own base coat right?

Well that can be more tricky then using it as a midcoat.....and you'll have less of a pearlecsent effect.

But I guess you can mix it heavily with say....candy oriental blue....that will make the candy more of a basecaot.

or buy a simular color metalic or pearl base and mix it in making it that base more pearlecsent.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure i can get a colour close to this using that pearl????

and this smaller pic, by adding a blue tint this is close to what ive been getting, i like this but what it lighter, how can i lighten it ?ive tryed white pearl, makes it to white and looses the green in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it were me, I would stick to using the pearl as a mid coat.

You local jobber/paint store should have no problem making similar colored base for that color of pearl. I have access to my own mixing bank and do it all the time for custom jobs. Go look through their color chip books and you will probably find a color without even having to have a custom one mixed.

I have shot that color of pearl over colors similar to these before and it turned out pretty nice.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep spray your base , flash and spray your intercoat clear/pearl mix 2-3 wet coats and then your final real clear over top

1 - 13 of 13 Posts