LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a job,it's a Triumph chopper,the guy wants pearl red ghost flames on the tank and fenders,I'm not that familiar with HOK pearls,is there such a thing?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Jul 24 2005, 10:29 AM
YES
[snapback]3469114[/snapback]​
;)

lowdeville.....not to dis on you or nothing bro, but if you had to ask a question like that, then you got your work cut out for you in the custom motorcycle paint job department..........I would do all the research you can on all the custom techniques for bikes.........there are lots, and ghost flames is one of the most commen

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Jul 24 2005, 11:44 AM
;)
lowdeville.....not to dis on you or nothing bro, but if you had to ask a question like that, then you got your work cut out for you in the custom motorcycle paint job department..........I would do all the research you can on all the custom techniques for bikes.........there are lots, and ghost flames is one of the most commen
[snapback]3469149[/snapback]​
I'll prove you wrong man,mark my words,my closest HOK dealer is 2 hours away,this isn't USA!I have done flames before,just never used red pearls,and last time I looked at the HOK sample catalogue I don't remember seeing red pearl at all,some things the paint shop guys up here don't know are availible!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
My apologies........Yes I just misunderstood your question :happysad:

And yes there is red pearl..........but just like any other brand......red pearl really isn't true red.......it's more like pink (purplish over black) :dunno:

You will probably get the best result by using HOK Rusty Red Pearl (DP41) but it's still kind of purplish over black.

Look into the newer PPG pearls at your local ppg jobber
also check out SEM.......I remember seen a darker red pearl paste from SEM just don't remember the name or item number.

If anybody els knows where to get a "true" red pearl, that would be some nice info..........maybe Alsa or OSF? :dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried a lot of red pearls none of them a true red so far. Just sprayed some custom shop ruby red diamond crystal pearl over black base
and its almost like a black chery maroon idk but Im really happy with it what ever color it is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts